21

Fact of the day: I'm slowly attempting to become generally more positive and also make sure i document things so I'm keeping a small journal.

I have loads of readers that came out of nowhere btw, so hi new readers :)

Please participate in voting and commenting, it doesn't take long and tells me people are reading the book so I should carry on updating. Share the story so the chapter targets are hit faster so I can update quicker.

-

“Well most of them are going, you should go and make friends,” Nicole said to me as I groaned. My legs were on the bed and my torso was sliding off as I slowly fell down and fake cried along the way.

“I’m tired,” I mumbled, landing on the floor pulling my blankets with me.

“You don’t have to go but if you don’t, no one’ll like you,” she said as the blankets feel on top of me. Nicole was currently trying to get me to go out to the beach just five minutes away from the hotel where all of the guys and girls were going just to sit and chat.

“Get me a clean shirt and a pair of shorts please,” I said from under the blanket that had fallen on my head.

“I have this thing in my room that I want you to wear!” Nicole said before running out to her room. Pulling myself back on my bed, I somehow banged my elbow on the bedside table and ended up rolling around in pain. As Nicole walked in she looked at me weirdly, she was holding a black skater skirt and a pair of thigh high socks.

“No,” I said sternly, regaining seriousness. “I don’t wear skirts outside of school,” I said without a second thought.

“Just try it on,” She threw the socks and skirt at me. I picked them up before going to my luggage and picking up a pair of pyjama shorts so my knickers wouldn’t show if I fell over. There was a full sleeve shirt with thin black lines going across it which I picked up since it matched the outfit.

I went into the bathroom and took my jeans off and pulled on the shorts, followed by the high-waisted skirt and then the long thigh-high socks. The shirt I was wearing got pulled off and I put on the full sleeve.

I stepped out of the bathroom, feeling really awkward in a skirt but all in all it was good because of the hot weather. “It looks really nice!” Nicole said jumping up and clapping her hands.

I sighed before going over to the curtains to open the windows. As I opened the curtains I saw the LA streets down below, the bright coloured lights and different things moving around in contrast to the dark, and almost completely black night sky. It was all so fascinating to me since most of my life was spent living in a small house on a quiet street, in a silent town that never saw anything lighting up except near Christmas.

I opened the window and a light breeze came in. “Ready to go down?” Nicole asked me, smiling. I nodded as I picked up my vans and started putting them on.

“Can you take my room card? I have nowhere to put it.” I asked Nicole.

“Knock on my door when you come back up, I’m not staying down there with you,” she said causing me to sigh. I laced up my last shoe before hoping off the bed and walking out the room, making sure to close the door behind me.

We made our way downstairs before leaving through the back entrance of the hotel. We hoped into Nicole’s car before driving the ten minute drive to a local beach. “There aren’t any cameras or anything like that there, just be yourself and flirt with who you like and do whatever you want,” Nicole decided to say.