18

Fact of the day: THIS CHAPTER IS SO LONG I WROTE IT OVER THE COURSE OF TWO WEEKS OMG.

Please participate in voting and commenting, it doesn't take long and tells me people are reading the book so I should carry on updating

***

It was the day after the party and the day before; I had managed to return home not-drunk and able to walk straight, but, to be honest, I could've been less drunk. My mum wasn't proud but in the end; after Dan explained to her, she mumbled 'teens will be teens' and left the topic alone.

"I don't wanna go," I whined for the sixth time. "I wanna stay in reading and do my exams in a silent room with a whole bunch of other kids and I wanna graduate and get my results the same time as everyone else and I wanna go to prom and I wanna..."

"Shut up," my mum mumbled, cutting me off.

"You're so nice to me," I said sarcastically. "I wanna stay here with everyone else and be normal and get drunk every weekend and sneak alcohol into prom and..." I went back to whining.

"You can't, you made a commitment. Plus don't you get to meet that guy you've been talking about for such a long time, what's his name?" She went off into thought.

"Cameron Dallas?" I asked.

"Yeah, that's the one,"

"Fine, I'll go," I muttered before siting up.

"It's not like you had a choice anyway, you already said yes, you can't back out on it," I looked at my mum, confused. "I'm trying to push you to try new opportunities, because I realised if you don't, you'll end up sitting in your room all day typing on that Tweeting website all day,"

"It's called Twitter not tweeting, get with it mum," I said sarcastically, rolling my eyes.

"Sorry that I'm a forty year old women," she replied back, sassily.

"Apology accepted." I smiled cheekily.

I was still wondering how my exams would work. They told me it would be sorted when I got back or something along the lines of that but I wanted to know now.

"Oh yeah," my mum said. "There was a phone call from your school while you were out yesterday, your headteacher had a meeting with the examination board,"

"Saying what?" I asked quickly, curious. "Was it about my exams? What's happening?"

"Your internet schooling will be with them so you cover the same stuff and your gonna sit your exams with the next year group," she explained.

"Wait... I'm sitting my exams with the current year tens?" I asked. My mum nodded. "I don't wanna," I started whining.

"It's either that or you don't get any qualifications at all," she mumbled, shrugging. I groaned. "Have you packed everything?"

"Yeah, my laptops on charge and so is my phone," I answered before yawning and stretching. "I'm tired,"

"Yeah, you can sleep on your flight, it's like ten hours," my mum rolled her eyes.

"It's seven hours, then I land in New York, then I have a two hour break and then I fly for another six hours and then I land in LA,"

"Well at least you know what you're doing,"

"Yeah but I have an advisor with me," I said in a 'duh' sort of tone.

"Yeah, I know, I've spoken to her so many times," my mum replied, trying to imitate me but failing quite badly.