16

Fact of the day: I'm getting so much homework may the Lord help me.

Tip: Re-read end of last chapter so this ones begining makes sense.

Please participate in voting and commenting, it doesn't take long and tells me people are reading the book so I should carry on updating. Share the story so the chapter targets are hit faster so I can update quicker.

***

I had finished changing my bed sheets, tidying my room and sorting out my clothes. Whenever I left somewhere, I made sure to leave it tidy, I just thought of it as common curtesy, I don't know if it's just me.

I laid on my bed, one leg dangling off, looking up at the ceiling, I was still shocked about what had happened and still couldn't process it. I was going away for almost six months.

I wouldn't see any of my friends and I wouldn't be able to communicate with anyone other than these nine other strangers.

I sat and thought for ages, my mind running wild and not able to stop, thinking about all the negatives that could come out of this, no matter how hard I tried to stop thinking it never happened, I just kept thinking, and to be honest the harder I tried to stop the harder it became to stop.

Soon my mind was full of little things that could go wrong which in all honesty were stupid and could probably never happen.

'I could get killed, someone could just come and slit my throat, or worse they could kidnap me and torture me for five years. Some weird old guy could perv on me and then rape me'

Everything seemed so unlikely but with my head imagining every single situation in my head it made it seem a lot worse.

Having last minute hesitations was not on my schedule so I crossed it off, got up and went downstairs and had a cup of coffee.

Coffee was like a stress sponge for me, if that makes sense, whenever I feel stressed I have a coffee and all of it goes away. Most of the time anyway.

It was nearing six but I was tired, I plumped myself down on the sofa with my coffee.

"Done?" My mum asked.

"Yeah," I let out a groan. "I think everything's done. Dans picking me up at six," I added on before taking a gulp of my coffee.

"Are you finally going on a date with him," my mum cooed.

"Mum," I groaned, going slightly pink at my cheeks. "No ones even here and you're embarrassing me,"

"Well..." My mum said, as if she was gossiping like a teenager, she obviously forgot the fact she was a forty year old women. "Are you going on a date with him or not?"

"No, it's not a date," I mumbled before taking another sip of coffee.

"Well, whatever you want to call it, you still have to be home by ten thirty," she said to me.

"I know, 'curfews are important or you'll end up all over the place' I still remember," I said quoting her words from a few months ago.

After conversing with my mum for another ten minutes while watching 'Teen Mom' I got a text from Dan.

'I'll be at yours in like 15 minutes, don't dress as a mermaid, it's not normal x'

I read in my head from the screen. I shook my head with a smile on my face. "What?" My mum asked. "Was it Dan?" She asked wiggling her eyebrows at me.

"Yeah, he keeps telling me not to dress like a mermaid,"

"Why?"

"Because, it was one time may I add, I said that I'd like to dress like a mermaid when I go out with my mates just to see what people's reactions would be," my mum snickered.