10

Fact of the day: I wasnt prepared for this so i dont really have a fact. I'm sorry :(

Please participate in voting and commenting, it doesn't take long and tells me people are reading the book so I should carry on updating. Share the story so the chapter targets are hit faster so I can update quicker.

***

I walked to school at a calm pace. It was Monday but I had still managed to wake up and get ready in time. I hadn't spoken to Dan all weekend and was hoping to see him in school so I could properly say goodbye, even though I wasn't leaving for another week, or just under, I still wanted to make sure I would properly say bye to my friends.

I walked and thought about how I would probably end up living in California and never coming back to England. I mean, I've always wanted to live in America, so why not grab the opportunity.

I approached the school, walking through the gate where people were bundled, talking to their friends or just waiting for them to arrive. I didn't like waiting at the gate, I don't know why, I've just always thought it makes you look like a doof.

I went to the west side of the school and waited in the history department for Stacey, like I did almost every morning, at the same time I was texting her and had found out she had just left the house but was getting a ride from her mum so she shouldn't be longer than five minutes.

"Hey," someone said to me as they stood in front of me. I carried on texting Stacey, just looking down at my phone.

"Hey," I said, without looking up to see who it was. It was a guy, that's all I knew at that moment in time.

"You're Christian, aren't you? Dan's girl or whatever," I looked up at him and recognized him, he was one of those assholes that hangs around with Dan. Brice, I think his name was. I didn't object but just let him carry on talking. "Words going around that you're gonna be on that new lock in show?" he said smirking. "And you're leaving this Sunday," I raised my eyebrows but let him carry on. "What do you say we hook up this Saturday before you leave," he said winking. There was a short silence.

"Where did you get Dan's girl from?" was the first thing I asked.

"He's always talking about you, and I heard you guys were dating or something," he said shrugging. He had blonde hair, it wasn't beach blonde though, it was a dirty blonde, like Stacey.

"We're not dating," I said.

"Even better," he said winking,

"Okay, number two. You and Dan, aren't you like best friends?" I asked. He didn't say anything "I mean if you were his friend, I don't think you would ask me to hook up with you," I said

"What do you mean?" he asked, shoving his hands in his pocket.

"You thought me and Dan were dating, right?" I asked, he nodded. "And you're were just asking if I wanted to hook up with you this Saturday, right?" he nodded again.

"Yeah, so?" he said shrugging.

"If you though Dan and I were dating and you and him are close mates, why would you hook up with me?" I asked, still confused and disgusted.

"You're like the second prettiest girl in school," he said. I puffed the air from my cheeks. "...and you're leaving this weekend," he shrugged. "It'd be like a prize to get you," he added.

"So you want to hook up with me on Saturday, so you can get me in bed, and then earn a title for doing it, 'last boy to fuck Lola before she left'" I said air quoting my last section of speech.

"I mean, let's be honest, that's the only reason Dan's with you so much," he said "He's only trying to get in your pants before you leave." He said, I started walking away, not wanting to deal with Brice's crap. "You don't want a guy like that," he said walking after me. I turned around and faced him.