o n e -

•THE B E G I N I N G •

DEA

You know that feeling when you're so scared of someone, so much terrified that you learn yourself to be careful around them.

You start to recognize their footsteps in the house. You start to become more observant. You become more worried.

From my abusive years with my family, before coming into the hospital, it was a real nightmare...

But now things had changed and it's worse.

                                                                                                -
J

UNGSUK

"How are you Yeri?" Repeats Jungsuk after not hearing the reply for the second time. "Tell me please." Still, there isn't an answer. Only silence, then tired sigh.

"Is s-she okay...?"

Her low and trembling voice makes him feel awful. He decides to calm her down even though he isn't. "Of course, she is. He wouldn't hu-

"How are you so sure?" She interrupts, angrily turning away from the window to take a look at him.

"He kidnapped her—" There is a pause. "—All of us! And you two are so calm!" She starts screaming, losing her mind.

Hyun-Shik ignores her and continues with smoking. But Jungsuk is getting worried for Yeri. He doesn't want her to feel scared or even to feel something else except love and protection from him.

He steps to her hugging her body tightly to his torso. Yeri protests to avoid but he, however, tugs her closer and cups her cheeks. Jungsuk smiles when the red color like blush is more visible now from the outcry.

Hyun-Shik swivels away from them. He has seen him acting like this for about two weeks since they 'disappeared'. He doesn't know the reason.

Jungsuk wanted to leave like everyone else...

"W-Why are you s-so steady...?" Her voice blubbering from sobbing.

He takes a heavy breath and replies. "Baby you're here with me, that's why."

"He didn't kidnap her or any of us." He announces and both of them turn. "We all wanted the freedom that's why we are here including De—

But she doesn't want to have a freedom that includes him!" She cries out but he doesn't pay attention, just rolled his eyes and gets up.

"We should be happy we have somewhere to go besides our old homes. We should be glad he gave us a rooftop over our heads."

And with that, he walks out.

                                                                                                  -
DEA

 I wake up feeling bleak. My eyes are heavy and it is hard to keep them open but after some attempts, I succeed. The first thing I see is a gray room I was left in then a small window is near the big-sized bed that my tired torso was placed. The bed is surprisingly comfortable. The sheets are tawny like the pillows. Everything else is dark except them. On my left side is a broad door. I suppose that's the bathroom.