l. Attaboy

l. Attaboy

His sneakers rocked on the pavement, and he leaned against the railing outside of New York Public School

His sneakers rocked on the pavement, and he leaned against the railing outside of New York Public School. Blue headphones were plugged in his ear as Green Day played on his iPhone while Percy waited for Annabeth.

Annabeth usually arrived late to school as her bus took the longest to arrived, but Percy didn't mind. Though he preferred the warmth over the cold-it was a custom for them to enter the school building together. Not to mention, he liked holding Annabeth's cold hands when they entered the school.

Percy's sea-green eyes gazed over his surroundings, and he watched as Manhattan came alive with every second. He glanced away from the streets to the sidewalks, where buses pulled up with kids who didn't sleep last night.

His fingers softly drummed on the railing while examining his classmates. Several girls looked over to him and flashed a bright, flirtatious smile at him, seeing how Annabeth wasn't there with him. Percy looked away and pretended to be interested in something else.

Though he didn't know what exactly people saw within him that made them fall head over heels with him-he knew that his classmates were so keen on getting him. Annabeth laughed when he told her this. Percy blushed, remembering her words—'Everyone wants a Percy.'

"You alright?" asked a familiar bright red-head girl, walking toward him. "You seemed flustered by something."

Percy watched as Elle stood next to him, leaning against the railing. Her dyed red hair fell down her shoulders, and she crossed her arms. Elle's brown eyes shimmered at him, and she cocked an eyebrow.

They had fallen into a routine, where Elle would hang out with him as he waited for Annabeth, and when Annabeth arrived-Elle would leave.

"Eh," shrugged Percy, taking his headphones out. "It's nothing."

Elle snorted before looking around at their classmates. Percy could hear her sighed as people's eyes darted to them. He bit his lips, seeing them mutter to each other. Elle turned around to face him, and he raised an eyebrow at her.

"Anyways, how are you?" Asked Elle, smiling at him. "How's Miss. Estelle?"

Percy laughed and answered, "I'm doing good and Estelle's doing amazing! How's Irene?"

"Irene is doing good," Said Elle, then smirked after Percy nodded, "And I'm doing very good, Percy, thank you for asking."

Percy sheepishly chuckled, "Sorry, Elle, but you knew that I was going to ask you that afterwards."

"Yeah," Elle blushed and laughed. "Did you finish the science homework that Mr. Blofis assigned us?"

"Yes," Nodded Percy, rolling on his sneakers.