Chapter 27:

I woke up, nestled into Peeta. Glimpses of my dreams and Peeta fading away as I sat up. I got dressed, leaving Peeta to sleep a bit more because he looked tired. I headed upstairs and was greeted by Annie and Johanna. I glanced at Johanna, but sat down in between them and Annie pushed a plate with various breakfast foods on it.

"Morning Katniss!" Annie greeted cheerfully, already looking bright and awake even though I just woke up.

"Hey," Johana said less enthusiastically, but then again she was Johanna.

"So what are you guys talking about?" I asked.

"Oh, uh...nothing really," Annie said, and I glanced at her suspiciously.

"You're a terrible liar," I laughed.

"Whatever. It's not important anyway," She said. I knew she was still lying, but let it go.

"Soo... I have a boyfriend," Johanna said, changing the subject.

"Big surprise there," I muttered.

She rolled her eyes at me. "He's actually a good guy. Like seriously, Annie met him too and even she thinks he is," She said defensively.

I looked at Annie and she nodded. "Well, that's good I suppose," I said.

"Where's Finnick?" I asked, noticing that he wasn't with us.

"Oh I think he went to the store to get something," Annie said.

"Oh, okay," I replied.

We ate breakfast together, talking for a while before Peeta came up too.

"Hey guys," He said. "Why didn't you wake me up?" He said.

I laughed. "Because you looked tired! And also you were hugging your pillow and it was cute," I said with a playful smirk while Peeta shook his head with a smile.

"So. what should we do today?" Peeta asked us.

"Well, we actually have something planned," Annie said. "But we are not telling you!" She added when she saw that I was about to ask what it was.

"Why not?" I asked.

"Nope not answering questions!" She said grinning. I shook my head and laughed.

"Fine," I said. "Do you know what it is?" I asked Johanna.

"Yep," She answered with a smirk.

"Oh come on!" I exclaimed. "Will I get to know later?" I asked.

"Still not answering questions. But yes,"Annie said with a chuckle.

Well at least I got to find out what it was soon. "What should we do until the big 'Thing that we can't talk about'," I asked.

"We could go to the beach again?" Peeta suggested. I loved the beach, so I gladly agreed, and soon we were back on it's sandy shore with the waves pounding into the shore in front of us.

"Let's go!" Peeta said, clutching my hand tightly and racing into the water, the waves swirling around my legs.

I felt one of the babies kick lightly, and laughed. "What is it?" Peeta asked.

"The baby just kicked. Must like the ocean," I said.

Peeta smiled, bending down to my stomach, talking to our babies like he sometimes did. "Do you like the waves?" He asked quietly. "Hey, just wait until you can see everything out here. It's so pretty," He continued, smiling. He stood up and took my hand in his again.

"You're gonna be such a great dad," I said to him.

"Not as good as you'll be as their mom," He replied with a grin.