Chapter 25:

*CHAPTER CONTAINS MATURE CONTENT AND TOPICS! VIEWER DISCRESION IS ADVISED! BE MATURE AND IF IT IS A TRIGGER, DO NOT READ! THANK YOU!*

                                                                                               The Authors

KATNISS

We stumbled through the rubble of the Bakery. The burnt building unrecognizable destroyed on the ground, surrounded by ash. After putting out the fire, Peeta and I examined the Bakery. Looking for any remnants of our collapsed Bakery. I couldn't believe this was happening. Why was everything falling apart? I just needed one good solid thing to stay in my life. To be a constant thing that I could always count on. Peeta used to be that for me, but I had broken everything between us.

I walked up to Peeta. I needed to get away from here, everything I saw reminded me of something I had lost, or messed up. Our Bakery was gone, Prim was gone, everyone was gone. Peeta said he would never leave me, but that's what the other had said too. How was I supposed to believe him too?

"Peeta, I need a break, I need to go somewhere else. I need to be away from here- from the memories," I stammered, and of course I was going to make no sense to him. He didn't understand that every thing I saw was a reminder of Prim. Of my Father. Of the Bakery. Of him. It hurt too much to keep getting reminded of everything, of the mess that my life had become. Tears slipped down my face, and he looked at me, pain in his eyes.

"Katniss- Kat I know this is hard but I need you please don't leave me," He pleaded.

I shook my head. I needed to get away.

"No, Peeta you don't understand. I need to go. Please, please," I begged, and he looked at me, not understanding me, not understanding the reason that I needed to leave. He never understood, but maybe it was my fault, maybe I was the problem.

Peeta silently stared at me, shock and frustration danced in his eyes. I couldn't take it anymore, I turned around and ran, my thoughts were scrambled. I couldn't remember what had triggered me at the Bakery's rubble. I couldn't put a pin on what item I held in my hand but I clutched it as I ran through town.

Subconsciously I ran home, to my home for the majority of my sixteen years of life. I knocked on the door hoping my mother was home.

The door creaked open but the person behind it wasn't the person I had hoped for.

"Katniss?" He asked. I sighed, trying to breathe evenly.

"Hi Dad," I said, my voice wavering, "Can I stay here for a little while?" I asked, his eyes widened.

"Oh um, sure come in," I walked in, I saw my Mom sitting at the kitchen counter, sorting her medical supplies.

"Katniss! Honey, what happened?" She asked. I looked away, trying to forget the many scenes I had caused.

"I'm not ready to say, I just need some rest." She nodded, seeing I was not in a mood to be questioned. I walked down the hall to my old room, all was as it was before, in my many months away my family was yet to change my room. I laid on my bed, I was utterly exhausted and I knew nightmares would chase me in my sleep making rest impossible but I had no other choice, I fell into the dark abyss.

~

I sat in the meadow, the one that had brought me such peace not so long ago but now was just a memory like the rest of my life. I heard the mockingjays singing, I looked over and saw Peeta and two little girls picking flowers. One of them grabbed a dandelion and blew it in Peeta's face, he laughed lightly and hugged her. He pulled the second girl into his embrace, they were our daughters. It was odd I couldn't make out their features, but I knew they were my daughter's, my bugs. Suddenly I saw a wall of fire, it looked just as the bakery had, the flames were nearing Peeta and the girls and they didn't seem to notice. I tried to scream, I tried to run to them but the flames swallowed them and I stood frozen as my family burned into nothing and I was once again alone.