Chapter Three

Chapter Three: Defenders of the Universe

(Y/n) Shirogane

I quickly started up the pod and grabbed onto the steering controls before soaring out of the castle behind Shiro and Pidge's pod. As we flew upwards, the Blue Lion joined us and flew with us as we exited the planet's atmosphere.

Once in space, the Blue Lion veered left, Shiro and Pidge's pod veered right, and I kept our pod soaring forward, as instructed by the directed coordinates.

"We can only keep the wormholes that lead to the other lions open for two of your Earth hours, so you'll have to be quick about your work," Coran explained as a wormhole opened in front of us. "The good news is, that according to my readings, all of the planets are relatively peaceful. So, if you do get stuck, they could be relaxing places to live out the rest of your lives... Enjoy the trip!"

"Wait, what? No!"

"Wait..."

"Coran, hold on–!"

"I did not receive the memo on this..."

Without being able to protest any further, the pod slowly made its way into the entrance of the wormhole. The pressure of traveling at such a high speed made Keith and I get forced back into our seats before we made it to the other side.

Once we exited the wormhole, we were met with a planet that was a mixture of pink, bright white, and denim blue. The pink and white parts of the planet appeared to be land while the blue parts looked like water.

As we soared closer to the planet, I checked the coordinates on the remote that Coran had given me and applied them to the planet. Keith also looked at the coordinates in my hand as we approached the planet.

"Looks like we've got to circle around to the other side," Keith said as he pointed at the coordinates. "It should be somewhere around there."

"All right," I nodded as I flew the pod around the planet.

Once on the other side, I flew the pod towards the planet and had us enter the atmosphere. Upon closer inspection of the planet's crust, it appeared to be some sort of temperate forest covering the entire planet other than the bodies of water that were scattered everywhere.

"Land over here," Keith pointed at a spot on the planet's surface.

"Quit backseat piloting," I said. "We've got to find a more open area. There are trees everywhere."

I flew the pod over near one of the bodies of water since there aren't many trees around them. Once I landed the pod, Keith and I exited the space vessel and stepped onto the planet's surface.

Now on the planet, I was able to see that all of the trees were salmon pink in color with pure white leaves. The water near us was a deep denim blue which made it look bottomless.

It's beautiful here...

I looked down at the coordinates in my hand and figured out the direction we should be heading in.

"Keith, come on," I called.

Keith walked over to me and the two of us began to march through the forest of pink trees. As we walked, I noticed that Keith kept cautiously scanning his surroundings with his guard up.

"You okay?" I glanced at him. "You seem tense."

"We're on another strange alien planet, of course I'm tense," he said. "We don't know what could come at us or from where."

"Coran said this planet is peaceful, so, I don't think you need to be looking around like that. Just try to relax."

I placed a gentle hand on Keith's shoulder as we walked and Keith took in a breath before letting his guard down and walking normally.