Mimi + Move = Realization

21.

After playing not just 20 questions with Lawrence, had a chitchat with Ara and Psyche, finding out what’s the problem with Sophie, lastly spending the remaining day in the mall buying clothes, toys, and things; we’re finally home.

Both of the children have fallen asleep on the way here to the mansion. As always, Sophie has her head rested on my shoulder while Lawrence has his on my lap. “Tom can you carry Lawrence inside, please?”

“Of course Miss. To his room?” I nodded as an answer. “How ‘bout the young mistress Sophie, Miss. Would you want us to carry her?” I laughed silently before answering. “We all know that can’t happen because if I let you she’ll just cry.” I jokingly said and the staff joined me in a silent laugh; even though we all know what I said was true.

“Come on let’s all go inside so you can all retire early. I know it’s been a long day for all of us. Put the bags on each of their rooms depending on who owns it, okay?” I announced to them as I observe everyone getting a bag or four from the trunk. I can say we really did shop.

When I fully entered the mansion, it was peculiar silent. There are maids in a vertical line on both sides to welcome us, but if before they were welcoming us with smiles on their faces now they are avoiding my questioning eyes and their bodies are tense.

“Thank God you’re back with my grandchildren. I’m beginning to think you have already kidnapped them.” Said a woman descending on the grand stairs. She looks like in her late thirties from a far but when she stopped a few steps from me I can say that she’s already in her mid-fifties.

She looks very intimidating yet here I am unfazed of her daggers. She’s dressed in a very exquisite way. Fashionable yet according to her age, which makes her more respectable.  And her eyes are the same color as Raphael’s, which means she’s his mother…

 “Excuse me? I-”

“Just give me my grandchildren then you can go. I don’t need anymore nanny as you can see we have plenty of that. Now go, if you can deceive Raphael you can’t stand a chance with me.”

That just hurt don’t you think. She thinks I’m a nanny, but what hurts the most is that I kinda am. I’m here mainly to take care of Sophie and then unite the kids with Arel. Yes, Raphael loves me; but am I sure about that?

“I’m sorry Señora, but I am no nanny to these two kids.”

“I don’t care! You’re just another of Raphael’s spice of the week if I only know. Now leave! You won’t be able to get anything from my son; ‘cause I won’t let you!” She shouted quite loud in my face.

Can’t she see I’m more than blessed in life and for that I won’t need their money or influence! First, she accused me of a nanny, then a slut, and now a gold digger. I know she’s his mother but God she’s getting under my skin!

“I’m sorry Señora I am no nanny, most especially not a slut and definitely not a gold digger. I’m well of in my life so I won’t need any of your family’s money or power.”

“As I said I don’t care! Give me Sophie! Rodrigo, escort this woman out! now!” She ordered as she harshly took Sophie from me causing her to wake up and cry.

“MOOOOMMMMYYYY!!!! wahhhhh!!! MOMMMMY!!”

“I WANT MY MOMMMMYYY!!!! WAHHHH!!! MOMMMYYY!!!! MOMMMMYYYY!!!” Sophie cried while trashing in her grandmother’s arm.

“Rodrigo, escort her out! NOW!” Señora Mercedes shouted, while trying to make Sophie stop.

This Rodrigo guy tried to get near me but before he did I was already surrounded by my bodyguards. Tom was immediately by my side as Lawrence was awaken by Sophie’s cries and is now standing near her grandma.