The Fight

16.

I’ve been convincing him all the way until we reach this room but he keeps on maintaining his silence.

“I’m not a kid anymore you don’t need to scold me.” I silently said as he banged the door loud.

“Then don’t act as if you are!” he shouted.

“Says the one who won’t admit that he’s a wake.”

“But you should have run off like that! And to think na sinama mo pa ang mga anak ko? What if something bad to any of you.”

“I’m just protecting my body from your perv hands. And about the kids, I won’t let anything happen to them of course!” I shouted back.

I heard him pacing, while I keep on looking outside, to the wide and clear sky.

We’re fighting again…

Everyday that we’re together there is at least one part of the day that we’ll fight.

We’re just… just so different… so opposite.

Out of instinct I went to the bathroom and before I shout the door I heard him shout one more time.

“We’re not done talking! Shit!”

I locked both doors then decided to relax. I filled the bathtub, soaked myself in it.

To believe that 24 hours haven’t passed, nag-aaway nanaman kami. I’m starting to think that this thing won’t work. I think I made a wrong decision because at this point we’ll all get hurt because of the agreement I signed.

I’m such a dumb person!

I drained the tub then decided to officially take a bath. Pagkatapos ko maligo syempre diretso na ako sa pagbibihis. Paglabas ko ng walk-in closet nakita ko si Ralph na nakaupo sa edge ng bed yung face niya covered ng hands niya.

I looked at him for a few seconds then went out of the room without even talking to him. I want to cool off first because if both of us are angry, we won’t finish anything. Might say something we won’t really mean but would affect us so much.

Words are the most powerful thing in art that’s why choose your words wisely because once it leaves your mouth, you’re already liable to anything it will cause.

I checked on the kids, first to Rence. I knocked on his door before entering. He’s in the middle of his bed tapping his iPad. Fully groomed, meaning tapos na maligo nd super bango na.

He raised his head and looked at me with a worried look. He put down his iPad as I get near him. I sat on the edge and he went closer to me and sat on my lap.

His head above my chest, looking at his hands. I, of course, embraced him.

“So you’re all cleaned-up huh? Sweetie?” I used an enthusiastic tone to hide all the bad vibes.

“You don’t need to pretend Auntie, I can hear you two fighting until here.” He said with a small voice.

“Is that so? I’m sorry Sweetie. Let’s just leave your father alone so he can cool off and maybe by then we can come to terms. I’ll try Sweetie, for both of you.” Then I smiled at him and so did he. Then the energetic boy I met came back.

“Auntie you’re so madaya! You said you’ll cook us dinner last night, you won’t naman pala.” Then nagpout siya, but I’m sure his just joking.

“How ‘bout this na lang. I’ll cook the Rosemary chicken later for lunch then we’ll have spaghetti for miryenda? Is that okay with you?”

“Of course Auntie! Yehey!” then he jumped in the middle of his bed.