Before It Starts

12

“Choice. True happiness is something we create ourselves with our own choices: whom we want to be with, whom we let into our worlds, and how we choose to spend what little time we are given in this world” said by Alessandra D' Angeli. Excerpt From: Harris, Rachel. “A Tale of Two Centuries.”

Those were one of the last lines of Alessandra, the last lines which captured my attention and heart. Yes, I am doctor, a model, a socialite, thus a busy person. But if a dog is man's best friend, I can say that a book is a woman's best friend (In my case).

I just finished reading that book a few days ago and I was really enthralled of how one can transform from a prim and proper 16th century girl to a girl with brave heart, which seeks adventure. I was able to relate somehow for I was also a girl who pleases everyone but myself.

Now, I want to follow what my heart says yet what my mind contradicts.

Once this double doors open, marks the beginning of the consequence of my decision. A decision, which I hope won't hurt me and the people around me. A decision, which I hope brings laughter not just in heart but in others as well.

"Auntie?!"

"Lawrence!"

Almost simultaneous naming sigaw ni Lawrence. And your right, I'm currently here at the Mercedes Mansion, which will be my home for the next couple of months.

--- Flashback ---

I was snuggled to a hard yet comfortable bed and was enveloped with the warmth of the comforter. Yet, what enchants me is that the beds in this level was never this hard. Yes, it is comforting but for a patient, most especially to a child, it may come too hard for their bodies.

But still I choose to snuggle closer, deeper under the covers. I never had a nice sleep for a few times now and prolonging this situation would certainly keep my heart at bay for the next few days.

But of course for a doctor, sleep is not a usual thing to do but an expensive getaway. For us, time is an important thing, not because as the clock tics the money enters but because as clock tic tocs we are able to save lives.

"Miss wake up." But that only earned a faint mumble from me and causes the comforter to tighten around me.

"Miss you're needed at the emergency." And just like that I jolted out from the bed which was Raphael's body pala. I didn't know na we fell asleep na pala kagabi.

We have agreed about everything na so, I signed the contract na and later after Sophie is discharge, we'll go get my things at my condo. I am so excited to see the expression on Sophie and Rence's face when they found out me moving in.

We almost fell from the couch buti nalang nakaalalay si Marge moreover na gising si Raphael. Bait ko talaga, nangdadamay ako ng mga taong hindi naman dapat nadadamay.

"Where are you going B-?"

I don't know if what he said was Belle or Babe. Medyo groggy voice eh? So yun. Nakaupo na siya ngayon but his eyes are closed. Inaantok pa.

"To the emergency, I'm needed there. I'll be back as soon as I can okay? Sleep na." I said before placing a kiss on his forehead.

 Ginawa lang bata? Baby ko naman na 'to starting now so okay lang yan, plus he's asleep naman so hindi niya na napapansin yun. Nagnod lang siya then ako nagpunta ng bathroom and brushed my teeth and washed my face.

Oo doctor ako pero hindi ba mas maganda namang presentable ako kahit papaano at saka baka mainfect pa yung patient ko dahil sa mga germs so morning breath ko, kung meron man.