Lawrence and a K...

20.

I’m once again in a dark room. I can’t see anything but I can hear faith cries from somewhere. Groping my way around, I know I’m heading to the right direction because the cries becomes louder and louder.

“Mommy… *sniff* Mommy… *cries* Mommy…”

I recognize that voice. I know I’ve heard that somewhere, sometime. Still I continue to follow where the cries are coming from.

“Mommy… *sniff* Mommy… *cries* Mommy…”

There it goes again. I keep on feeling my way around trying to figure out where the end is but it seems to be boundless, darkness embracing my sight. Am I blind now?

Is this how blind people feel? Defenseless, hopeless, pitiful, insecure? Because I feel the same way, if not more. I just want to sit down and cry all my frustrations, but then won’t I fell if ever I stop?

“Mommy… *sniff* Mommy… *cries* Mommy…”

No. I need to move, I need to comfort that child, I need to find her. I know I’ll find her and then we can find our way out, we will find it.

I started walking, faster this time like I’m being chased. Little by little, I saw a figure. A little girl seating on the ground while crying, “Sweetie.” I called out. The girl slowly turned and it’s Sophie.

Then I woke up. Breathing heavily I sat down on the bed clutching my chest, I can feel my heart’s beat faster and stronger than usual, as if I ran. I carefully removed Arel’s arms, which is hugging my body, then slowly got off the bed.

After over a month of staying here in the Mercedes’ mansion, I found out that all the rooms are sound proof, so even though you blast some music from the inside the room the next rooms won’t hear anything.

I first went to Lawrence’s room to check if he’s okay. I slowly opened his door and saw him sleeping tightly. I fixed his blanket and left a kiss on his forehead before leaving for Sophie’s room. The moment I opened her door, I heard loud cries.

“Mommy! *sniff* Mommy! *cries* Mommy!Mommy! *sniff* Mommy! *cries* Mommy!”

I immediately rushed to her leaving the door open. The second she saw me, she automatically opened her arms, wanting for me to carry her. Her bed is a mess, the blanket is at the floor with numerous stuff toys and some of her pillows.

“Baby why?” I carried her, swaying a bit to try and stop her cries. “Why is my baby crying? Hmmm.” I asked once more this time trying to wipe her tears while swaying still.

“Mommy… *sniff* Mommy… *cries* Mommy…” she continued crying holding onto me like her life depends on it.

“Shh… Mommy’s here baby. Stop crying na. shh..” I continued swaying. When her cries got silent leaving her hiccupping a bit, I tried laying her down on the bed but it only cause her to cry again.

“Mommy! Mommy! *cries* Waaa! Mommy! *cries*” I immediately got up at swayed her.

“Shhh. No baby. Shh. We’ll move to our room okay? Mommy won’t leave you here, okay? Shh. Baby, stop crying na.” I continued swaying her and later on her cries gradually lowered, that’s when we went to our room.

When I entered the room I noticed that Arel’s awake. He’s in a siting position but his eyes are slightly closed, which opened when he felt our presence inside the room.

“Again?” he asked but I know what he means. This thing has been going for a week now. Me waking in the middle of the night and finding Sophie crying in her room, so I just nodded my head.