~ Chapter 70 ~

Up on the bridge, Y/N holding an unconscious Cosmo, and Tails, Amy, Knuckles, Cream, and Cheese are there too. Chris joins them. He sees they they are now in the atmosphere of a dead planet.

"Where are we?"

Rouge pounds the console of her ship.

"Come on! Start! ... Ugh, guess we're stuck here."

It is revealed that her ship is trapped in the brambles of the planet. Shadow stands atop one of them, looking at the Blue Typhoon in the distance.

"Are you still after her? Haven't you given up yet?"

"They learned the truth. They'll decide for themselves. I don't give up that easily. She hasn't seen the last of me." Shadow said, crossing his arms.

He slightly smirk as the flashback came to show himself kissing Y/N. He sure did enjoy that kiss they have. Rouge noticed that look and raised her eyebrow in suspiciousness. She looked around.

"What is this place, anyway?"

Inside the Blue Typhoon's Infirmary, Chris watches as Tails operates on Cosmo in a confined space. A laser passes over her. Knuckles is also in the room.

"Hey Tails, you wanna get some sleep."

"I don't have time to sleep. Not until I find out the truth about Cosmo."

Sonic walks out on the runway. Y/N runs after him.

"Where do you think you're going, Sonic? You need your rest! You're still hurt!"

"Don't worry, sis. I'm okay."

"No! You're not okay!"

"Relax. I'm just gonna go for a run."

Y/N groaned in frustration.

"You're so stubborn! What if I have done something that will surely make you feel worried too?!"

Sonic flinched in shock.

"What... are you talking about?"

Y/N sighed, rubbing her arm in discomfort.

"There's something you need to know. Back at the planet filled with misfortune... I've been not feeling fine lately."

"What are you trying to say?"

Sonic is confused.

"My crystal... Everytime I use up all of my power, I lose conscious. I think what I'm trying to say is... I might die..."

Sonic's eyes widen in fear and shock.

"If I keep using my crystal in full power, I might lose my life along with my power... I've been thinking about it for a while, and did some meditation and everytime I try to figure out how to get through this, it's impossible."

Sonic slowly approached her and softly grabbed both of her cheeks to get her to face him. His eyes were filled with seriousness and sincere.

"Promise me."

Y/N looked at him quietly.

"Promise me you won't ever go on full power when we're battling against the Metarex. Let me deal with this. Promise?"

Y/N softly smiled and hugged him tightly as he hugged her back but more tightly than ever.

"I promise."

But little did he know, she won't keep that promise for long. They pulled away after a minute of hugging.

"Now, let's get you back to the room."