~ Chapter 37 ~

In the room, Y/N was painting something on the white cardboard as she couldn't stop thinking about Shadow. She wish he was here. He would want to explore this world and love it here. Once she was done, she decided to go out as she brought out her skateboard with rockets and jumped out the window and blasted off with the help of the crystal's power. The painting she left earlier was the picture of Shadow and Maria.

 The painting she left earlier was the picture of Shadow and Maria

Sonic knocks on the door.

"Sis? You in here?"

No replies from Y/N as he grew worried, knowing that she's been feeling depressed lately since Shadow was gone. He decided to open the door anyway and only found the room empty. Sonic noticed the painting, making him smile. He begins searching around the room for any sign of his sister until he found the note.

'Went out for some fresh air. I'll be okay.'

-From, your sister

"She grows up so fast these days, huh."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Yo! Y/N! Over here!" Rouge waved.

Y/N stopped her skateboaring and saw Rouge and Knuckles are atop a building, looking down at the city. She skated towards them and landed next to them.

"Hey, Rouge, Knuckles. What are you guys doing here?"

"Have you heard? A couple more friends from back home dropped in. Seems every day is like a regular reunion around here."

"Woah! Really? I didn't know." Y/N eyes widen in shock.

"Yeah, even I didn't know." Knuckles nodded.

"'Course, if too many of us start showing up, the humans aren't gonna be too happy. They'll probably decide we're dangerous and round us all up. Imagine us... together."

Rouge approaches Y/N.

"24/7... My, I wonder that'd be like, don't you?"

Y/N blushes as well as Knuckles.

"W-What?!"

Knuckles immediately defended her.

"Get this straight! She'd rather live in solitary confinement than with you!"

"Yeah! That's right!"

"Don't get so excited, sweetie. I'm only saying that the authorities won't like our kind around. Believe me, I don't like the idea of being locked up any more than you do. ... I should have realized that the welcome mat wouldn't be out forever."

Y/N started being reminded when the GUN did something terrible just because Shadow was created and it was only to help people. Fear is the worst thing they should never trust. There's always consequences.

"Yeah. Too good to be true. One day they love us because we're unique, and the next day we're in jail because we're different. Well, they won't take me without a fight." Knuckles said.