~ Chapter 29 ~

Sonic and Y/N are walking toward the ruins when they saw the spirit of Tikal floating nearby.

"What the...?"

"It's her! From the vision!"

"You know her?"

The spirit floats to the entrance of the ruins.

"I think she's trying to lead us."

"Let's follow her then."

The hedgehog siblings follows Tikal inside. There is a waterfall concealing a passage inside. Tikal floats to the other side of it.

"Hmm.."

They walk through the waterfall after Tikal. A group of Chao look on sadly. Tikal leads them down a passage, down some stairs, and across a bridge to a picture of a monster.

"What's this?" Sonic questioned.

Y/N reads the text under the image.

"A sea monster. Kinda creepy."

"When angry and sadness overflow like a mighty ocean. Beware the great calamity." Tikal's voice said.

"Is there someone there? Come on out. We won't hurt ya."

Sonic and Y/N are blinded as a vision begins. Y/N knew what's gonna happen next.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They are at the Master Emerald shrine once again, well for Y/N. Everything is ablaze.

"Hey, what's going on? Where am I?"

"We're at the Master Emerald shrine. It's a past. Something happened." Y/N said.

Sonic catches Tikal at the top of the shrine, and runs to meet her along with Y/N. She is surrounded by a few dead Chao.

"No way!" Y/N gasped in horror, covering her mouth.

"It's awful! How could Father do something so terrible?"

Tikal looks up.

"No! I must stop them!"

She runs toward the Master Emerald, but it glows brightly, and the vision ends.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sonic and Y/N are now outside the ruins.

"What did I just see?"

"It may have something to do with the Master Emerald. I think Chaos is the Master Emerald. If that sea monster we saw earlier is true, then there's a chance there will be danger."

Sonic sees the Eggmobile passing by.

"We'll talk about this later. It's Eggman."

"What? What's that fathead floating around here for?"

"Well, there's only one way to find out."

Both of them chased after Eggman, who flies over a hill. They noticed a stone door with Eggman's face on it. This is the hidden entrance to Final Egg.

"Time to pay a little visit."

Y/N activates her rocket skates as Sonic spin-dashes through the door. Alarm sounds through the base. They attack the cameras, ending the transmission. Hidden laser blasters fire at Sonic, who easily outruns them. Y/N did a flip over the blasters that are sending her way as she skates on the wall beside Sonic. The floor opens up, revealing hidden rollers. Sonic and Y/N makes no forward progress on them. A giant steel ball rolls towards them. The hedgehogs rolls in place, and the ball sends them down the corridor and out of harm's way.