~ Chapter 57 ~

In the Blue Typhoon Bridge, Cosmo is sleeping. Suddenly, she awakens after dreaming of the destruction in the Scarship's wake. She sweatdrops. Cream approaches.

"Cosmo, are you okay?"

"Sorry, Cream. I was dreaming."

"Is it about Shadow?"

"It was."

They turn to the others. Tails, Knuckles, Amy, and Chris have their eyes closed, doing nothing, as if in deep thought.

"Sonic and the others have been thinking about him ever since he reappeared." Cream explained. "Even Y/N being taken by Shadow."

"Why is Shadow the Hedgehog so important to you anyway? And why would he take Y/N?" Cosmo asked.

"Well..."

Flashback to Eggman waking Shadow.

"They met him when we were on Chris' planet. You see, when Dr. Eggman had found out that his grandfather had created the ultimate creature..."

Flashback to Shadow fighting Sonic and Y/N. After defeating them, Shadow took Y/N away with him.

"...he broke into a government lab and woke Shadow up from suspended animation. Shadow worked with Dr. Eggman to threaten Chris' planet, and he fought Sonic and Y/N! That's when he took Y/N with him to help him with his mission!"

Flashback to Super Sonic, Super Y/N, and Super Shadow.

"But later, Shadow joined up with Sonic and Y/N and sacrificed himself to save everybody. We all thought he was lost forever."

The flashbacks end.

"But we just saw him, so he must have survived." Cosmo pointed out.

"Yes." Cream agreed.

"It's not possible. There's no way Shadow could have made it through that battle." Tails thought, feeling confused.

Shadow is seen standing on top of the spire, holding the unconscious Y/N.

"I thought I was imagining it at first, but we all saw Shadow! How did he survive?" Chris thought.

"He didn't say anything. Why was he acting so mysterious? There was always something weird about him." Knuckles thought. "But most of all, why did he take Y/N? What does he want with her now?"

"How do we know it isn't a trick? Maybe Eggman's trying to fool us." Amy thought.

Later...

"Why are we wastin' the day asking ourselves questions that we can't possibly answer? Next time he turns up, we'll just ask him what's goin' on!" Sonic said. "And to know why did he take my sister again!"

But Cream and Cosmo just stare at him, while the others continue their deep thought.

"What'd I say?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile in Crimson Egg, Y/N was lying down on the bed resting while Shadow stares at her sleeping form.

"For some reason I know you from somewhere, but when? And where?"

Eggman steps behind Shadow.

"It might be better for Shadow if his past stays forgotten."

Shadow turns to him.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Nothing."