~ Chapter 58 ~

A/N: This the fanart from the same amazing artist arstieTune

A/N: This the fanart from the same amazing artist arstieTune. Love this style! I'm so going to use this! Give her 100% credit! There are other more art like this one too! 😄😄

Y/N is looking down at the limiters on her wrists. She couldn't believe that Shadow is alive, but he doesn't even remember her and that made her sad. She sighed and looked over to see Tails and Knuckles as well as Cosmo who opens her eyes with a gasp, shaken at the memory. Y/N wondered if she's okay and walked over to them. Tails is typing on his comlink.

"My comlink's indicating that there's a Chaos Emerald nearby, but it won't pinpoint where exactly."

Chris is flying the X-Tornado.

"Could be this one's buried way underground where it's hard to get to. Just means we're all gonna have to work a little harder to find it, that's all."

"Well, let's not all stand here twiddling our thumbs. Let's look for this thing!" Knuckles said.

The Comm cuts to Sonic, who is also aboard the X-Tornado.

"Yeah! Move it down there, will ya?"

Tails, Y/N, and Knuckles look up to see the X-Tornado fly overhead. Cream is also inside the X-Tornado, waving at them.

"Good luck, everybody! Be careful, okay?"

Tails and Y/N waves back. Cosmo, however, looks sad.

"Poor Cosmo... I wish we could cheer her up somehow."

"Chao chao..." Cheese said.

Sonic doesn't know what to say.

"It's not easy when your family's not around. In fact, it's just about the loneliest feeling in the world." Chris said.

Sonic though did notice that Y/N is sad by the look in her eyes, knowing it's because of Shadow who doesn't remember her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/N, Tails, Knuckles, and Cosmo walk through an abandoned stone city.

"Why do I have a sneaking suspicion the Metarex have been here too? This place gives me the creeps."

"This place does look destroyed after all." Y/N said, looking around.

"Yup. Just another sad ex-planet." Knuckles agreed.

Y/N and Cosmo stop, the latter looking around.

"Look around. Families lived here once. Children played all day without a care in the world. They didn't know what was coming. Now they're all gone, just like Mother, and Galaxina, and they'll never come back!"

She looks at Y/N, who gives her a sympathetic look.

"Sometimes I miss them so much."

"I'm sure they miss you, too, Cosmo. The way I see it, I bet they are watching over you right now."