~ Chapter 48 ~

"Sonic! Y/N!"

Suddenly, Chris grabs Sonic's and Y/N's hands and takes off running with them, far, far away. Everyone is shocked even more.

"Chris!" Chuck shouted.

Chris continues running with Sonic and Y/N as far as he can.

"Chris!" the hedgehog siblings exclaimed.

With determination, Chris tightens his grip on Sonic's and Y/N's hands. Sonic and Y/N does the same. Sonic runs and Y/N skates faster, and is running and skating ahead of Chris.

Chris' confusion vanishes, and he too runs faster.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I hope that boy can come to his senses before it's too late." Chuck said.

Tanaka and Topaz return from their search.

"Are they...?" Ella asked.

Tanaka shook his head.

"We could not find him anywhere."

Nelson and Lindsey look at each other in concern.

"We'll never find him now without help. The police will have to set up a large-scale search."

Tanaka looks at Topaz sadly.

"As you know, this is serious. We have to find them quickly."

"Yes. We don't have much time to cause Chaos Control and send Sonic and Y/N back. Soon, the melding of our two world will cause time to slow to a stop." Chuck said.

"Chris..."

They hug, and Lindsey struggles not to cry.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Morning comes, and Chris and Sonic and Y/N walk by the train station.

"What do we do now?" Chris asked.

"I don't know." Sonic said while Y/N just shrugs.

"Well, we can't go back home. Wait... Hey Sonic, Y/N, look!"

Chris spies a bicycle nearby. He is soon riding it, with Sonic and Y/N sitting on the back of it behind Chris. A boy is getting the mail and milk, when he realizes his bike was stolen.

"Hey Mom, somebody took my old bike."

"Your father left it in the city. He thought somebody could use it."

The boy heads back into the house.

Chris is soon riding through a rich neighborhood. He has earlier ditched his suit, now only wearing his red tie and salmon dress shirt.

"How far should we go, Sonic, Y/N?"

"We can go as far as you want to, Chris."

"It's your choice."

"Okay."

Chris rides on, exerting his energy as he pedals into the desert. Soon they are seen eating at a diner.

"We have to stop somewhere."

"I usually just keep running until I find someplace I like. The best trips are the ones you don't plan. Not knowing where you'll end up is part of the adventure." Sonic said.

"I mostly travel around the forest. There are some best places out there where it's peace and quiet and full of wonderful nature as well as creatures that I encounter. You should also see the waterfall Knuckles and I have found. It was wonderful." Y/N said.