Mirage Within Topaz Eyes

His bright golden eyes looks at me with curiosity and a slight sense of worry, I blink and I come to as I comprehend what is happening.

"I...." I begin to say his name.

I stand up but a patch of the earth crumbles and my foot slips on the grass and dirt mixed ground and I start to trickle forward down the hill, I let out a gasp as my hand goes up into the air.

"Hey watch out!" Inuyasha shouts.

My face is facing forward as my mind is going blank from the suddenness, it's not a high hill but it's pretty steep from the ground level. I close my eyes as I wait for what is about to happen, but I feel a strong grasp around my left wrist that is up in the air. I feel a strong tug and my body being pulled back, as I'm being pulled back I can feel their long nails slightly digging into my skin. I bite my lips to hold in the uncomfortableness, the strength is remarkable as I'm completely back up to where I was before and I fall backwards. I land on something sturdy, the person let out a grunt from the impact. I close my eyes until everything stops, I open my eyes slowly and I see the bright blue sky filling my whole vision. I take a few seconds to grasp on what is going on, as I come to I can feel the person's right arm around my waist tightly I can feel their chin at the top of my head and their clear breathing, he let's out a groan, and I gasp.

"Sorry!" I blurt out after realizing that I landed on him and squishing him.

"It's fine, can you get up now?' Inuyasha asks me.

"Ya! Of course!" I reply back in a hurry.

I feel his arm let go from around my waist, and I try to prop myself up somehow so that I can move off of him. Without knowing, my right elbow decides to be the propping limb, and it jabs slightly into the sides of Inuyasha.

"Ow!" He shouts.

"Sorry! Didn't mean to!" I shout back.

"Just hurry." He groans out.

I decide to just flip to the side and slide off, I land on the ground underneath us on my front, and I prop myself up and I look at Inuyasha. His handsome face from the side is flawless and masculine, his long eyelashes flutters gently as he breathes with his eyes closed. His furry dog ears shifts once in a while, and his silver white hair sways gently in the wind. The crimson red of his kimono surrounds him in the color of fire, he hasn't changed. I smile gently as I see the person that I love so dear. I quickly get onto my knees and I hold his right arm as I try to help him sit up. The softness of the fabric and his strong arm tells me that yes, he is here and real.

"Here, let me help you." I say to him as I try to support him with only one hand that is holding onto him and the other just being a support.

"It's fine, I can get up." He tells me with a slight grumble.

Guess he still retained his grumpy personality. I smile as I think that.

We both stand up, and Inuyasha brushes his hands onto his kimono to dust off any dirt and stuff from the fall.

"Sorry about that." I say to him again with a bow.

"Well, it can't be helped. What were you doing sitting so close to the edge of the hill anyway?" He asks while looking at me.

"Well, I wanted to get a good view for making art, and I thought this place is a good place to look at the scenery." I answer him while looking into his bright golden eyes.

He doesn't say anything, he gives me a good look over from head to toe, his thick left eyebrow arches upwards as his eyes comes back to mine.

"You? An artist?" He asks me with slightly disbelief.