A Chance At A Possible Happiness

Another week goes by and the second month is basically over, Inuyasha has been going out with Miroku for their exorcism job lately so I barely get to spend time with him. But since I made him that bell necklace, I always know when he's back. I feel happy when I know he's back because I get to hear his voice, but when he's out I feel dull. During the week since I haven't seen him much, I feel my feelings for him are well under control. If it's like this for another month, I think I'll be able to move on. Inuyasha and I continue to banter, I feel cheerful when I argue with him because I get to hear his voice filled with energy. I treasure his voice because it is my happiness. The snow has started again but the amount is light, I can only feel a few feather light touches once in a while. The heavenly chimes of the bells from my bracelet and Inuyasha's necklace adds such a whimsical feeling to the atmosphere. I'm out with Shippo today because I assume Inuyasha is busy with Miroku, I woke up late because I haven't been sleeping well. I missed Miroku and Inuyasha because I came late for breakfast. Guess I won't be seeing Inuyasha till night time.

"Inuyasha sure is busy lately isn't he?" I say to Shippo.

"Ya, but it's good to see that Inuyasha is becoming more livelier." Shippo responds back.

"Really? You think so? If so then I suppose he is slowly turning back to his old self." I reply with a smile.

"I think so too, Inuyasha use to go out with Miroku on exorcisms, but since then, he has distanced himself from us all. So Miroku went on exorcism jobs by himself for a while. Now to see that Inuyasha is going out again is nice. Too bad he doesn't get to spend more time with you lately and instead you're stuck with me." Shippo says.

"Don't be ridiculous, I like spending time with you Shippo. I'm like a box, I help Inuyasha with his feelings, which are mostly on the negative side. I have to release it or else I would have a mental breakdown myself. So talking to you helps me become cheerful due to your own liveliness and cheerfulness. So Thanks Shippo." I say giving his hair a ruffle with a smile.

"If I can brighten up your mood than you can come find me anytime." Shippo responds.

I nod with a smile. I take a deep breath, the cold winter air makes me crinkle my nose.

"Is everything alright?" Shippo asks me suddenly.

"Uh? Ya I'm fine." I say quickly.

"Really? Because your facial expression tells me that you have something on your mind. Not to mention you have dark circles, they seem pretty dark lately." Shippo says pointing out.

I touch the area below my eyes on instinct, I let out a mental sigh. Guess it's pretty visible. But I don't think I need to tell Shippo about my feelings for Inuyasha, I'll just be dragging someone else into my emotional turmoil.

"It's really nothing, I've just been having a few days of insomnia, I should be alright soon." I assure him.

"Alright, I hope you'll be able to get a good night's rest tonight." Shippo says rubbing my arm to comfort me.

"Thanks Shippo, I hope so too." I nod.

The two of us walked around the village and to the outside plains near the village. The hours goes by, I assume the afternoon has became evening now. Shippo has gave up today to be with his fellow fox demons just to stick with me, which I found a bit funny. Shippo guides me back to the big hut at dinner, the bell on my wrist rings as I lift the curtains.

"Shippo, _____________." I hear Miroku's voice clear and rich.

'Welcome back Miroku." I greet him with a bow.

I don't hear the other chimes of the bell. Inuyasha's.

"Is Inuyasha not back?" I ask.

"Inuyasha is out by himself right now, he told us that he'll be skipping dinner tonight." Sango replies.