Pᴇᴇᴋ-A-Bᴏᴏ

After a rocky start on the ocean that only escalated more, the Crusaders had landed safely in Singapore. It was clearly agreed upon that hotel rooms would be needed to give every member some rest, finding one that had enough vacancy.

As the group discussed over where they should go, a police officer blew their whistle and quickly strode over towards the group with an arm waving in the air.

"Hey! You!" They called, the closer they got it became apparent that they wanted Polnareff's attention. All eyes turned to the police officer, confused and wanting to hear what was going on.
"You threw garbage on the ground. I am going to fine you $500! According to our law you must pay the fine immediately! Don't you know?"

"Garbage? ...What are you talking about?" Polnareff asked, looking around for the evidence of the claim against him.

Lilith's eyes fell to the burlap sack next to his feet. "There's that thing. Maybe someone forgot to take out their trash?"
Her comment made Avdol slip out a laugh louder than he anticipated, his attempts to hold in his snickers failing.

"I don't see anything other than my luggage. Which one is the garbage? Do you mind telling me?"

"Your luggage?" The officer and Lilith said at the same time.
The group broke into a chorus of laughters as the officer awkwardly apologized for his mistake and Lilith stood dumbfounded at the reveal that the sack was holding clothes. Among the deep laughters came one high pitched one that didn't match any of the others.

They all took a look towards where the laughter came from, finding Anne still hanging around the group. She stopped her fit of laughter to turn her head at the group with a 'hmph' trying to be standoffish.

"What do we do with her? She's still following us around." Polnareff asked, looking down at the girl.

Lilith walked up to Anne, taking a seat next to her on the curb. "What happened to meeting your father when you got here? Do you want someone to walk you to where he's at?"

"We agreed to meet each other in five days," Anne explained and looked down at her fingers that were twiddling against each other. "I can go wherever I want for now."

Lilith watched her closely and noticed how she glanced towards Jotaro with a light pink blush and wanting to avoid the topic all together. There were a lot of similarities she could see in the young girl to herself. A father who was busy and didn't have time for their child, ways to entertain themself that led to dangerous and wild ideas.

The others thought over what they should do with Anne. Lilith stayed by her side until they came with a conclusion, whatever they picked would be what she went with as well. They wouldn't just abandoned her on the side of the road, they were all good people in the group.

"Hey!" Polnareff called to get both of their attention, waiting to hear what would happen. "You're poor aren't you? We pity you, so just follow us for now."

Both girls shared the same look of annoyance, eyes giving him an unamused look from their spot. Lilith patted Anne's shoulder and motioned with her head to follow the others as they made their way to the hotel.

•••

"I don't understand what I said that was so wrong?" Polnareff continued to push Lilith for a reasoning at her persistence to ignore him, the cold shoulder being sent to him in a blizzard.

Lilith turned her head to look at him from over her shoulder, hair flowing to rest over the opposite one. Her arms were crossed and brows furrowed to show her annoyed then disappointed expression.
"You could have invited her more gently. Did you really have to call her poor and bring the girl down?"