Oʀɪɴᴏᴄᴏ Fʟᴏᴡ

Reaching Pakistan without any more trouble seemed to good to be true. Perhaps Dio had much faith in Wheel of Fortune's user's confidence to give the group a hard time he didn't plan out to send a backup. That thought seemed too good to be true as well. Instead the group would have to worry about the thickening fog that could impair a driver's vision.

"Polnareff, are you okay driving? The fog seems to be getting thicker," Kakyoin asked, worried for the safety of the group on an unknown and unsafe road.

Joseph checked his watch for the time. It was still the afternoon and the fog was getting thicker. "Let's stay in that little town over there for tonight," he pointed out.
The town could barely be seen through the fog expect for the outline of the high buildings.

"Do you think they have awesome hotels there?" Polnareff asked as he changed course towards the town. "I need one with a clean bathroom. I'm still not used to the India style toilets."

"Why are you always talking about the bathroom? I thought guys could just whip it out and go anywhere." Lilith muttered in disgust at the private topic.

"We're not dogs!" Polnareff's comment had aligned to Jotaro catching a quick glimpse of a dog impaled in the heart by a spear. He'd come to see that he was the only one to realize the bizarre scene. It wasn't brought up again as it was reasoned for his exhaustion that made him see things that weren't there.

The jeep was parked to the side of the road when the group entered the town. Everyone got out to do a bit of exploring to find a hotel and see what the town offered. So far it appeared to be normal. Not many people were out but that could have been due to the fog. The people that were seen kept to themselves. It was becoming the opposite of what the other towns they have been to have shared.
The usual loud noise of beggars and shop owners trying to get some kind of business didn't erupt the quietness and the streets weren't packed with multiple people going from store to store.
Joseph didn't pay no mind and used the fog as another reason for such an oddity. He continued to look for a hotel by talking to a man in front of a restaurant with friendly enthusiasm.

"Listen, to the west of Pakistan in Islamic territory, this is how we say hello," Joseph turned to the group to give a lesson just as a good grandfather would. "First you smile... AS-SALAAM!!! ALAIKUM!!" He called to the man standing in front of the restaurant.
There was no response from the assumed manager. The only reaction given was slamming the 'Open' sign over to 'Close'. He didn't even look at the group and he was completely still.

"I think you said it wrong," Lilith whispered to Joseph. The old man grew nervous, feeling uneasy around the lack of hospitality.
"Uh...This, haha...Is there a hotel in this town? You don't have to close. I just want to ask you something." Joseph quickly tried to recover. Perhaps he came off as rude or a typical insensitive American.

Again the man gave nothing in return. Simply staring ahead without acknowledging the group or the questions asked. Finally the man spoke, a matching emotionless voice to go with his demeanor. "I don't know," he simply said then turned around to walk away.

"Hold on what do you mean you don't know? Don't you live in this town?" Joseph called out but didn't get nothing else in return. The man continued to walk away into the darkness of his restaurant. On the back of his neck, cockroaches crawled over his skin. Joseph rubbed his eyes and blinked a few times to make sure he saw correctly. What an odd man.

"I told you, you didn't say it right." Lilith said beside him that had his attention return to the group. She looked around the area, another figure sitting against a pillar being seen through the fog. "Look that man over there. He might know something."

She walked over to the man with a kind smile on her face. Just as Joseph had done, she made herself appear friendly. Her hands went behind her back when she stopped by the man.
"Excuse me, sir? Do you happen to know where my friends and I can find a nice place to stay? We're a bit lost and can use any help we can." She asked, her voice sounding smooth and sweet like honey.