Tʜᴇ Wᴏʀᴅ

"Finally some rest!"

Lilith fell back on the bed, a sigh of relief as her muscles relaxed on the mattress. On the other bed, Anne watched her with her legs kicking in the air.

"What happened to sharing a room with that other guy? He wasn't a pervert, was he?" Anne asked, moving her legs on the bed to sit against the pillows.

Lilith looked up at the ceiling in a long moment of quiet. Back at the lobby, Joseph was working on getting another room and making excuses for why they were in a rush for another room. The news of a hotel room being trashed was the main talk with the employees and visitors, some of the nosy occupants wanting to know whose room it was. They'd get their answer, Polnareff ending up in police custody and sent for investigation.

"Lilith..?"

"Hm," Lilith looked to Anne waiting for an answer to her question. "Oh! No, he wasn't a pervert or tried anything on me. It was just a bad set up."

Anne nodded and casted a look over her roommates tattered sailor clothes. "Aren't you going to change? You've been in the same outfit since we've met and it's...barely covering you."

Lilith looked down at her attire. She held the uniform's shirt between her fingers to lift it and give it a smell. Oh, she really did stink. The mix of sea salt and sweat making her gag.

"I don't have a change of clothes," she remarked and sat up to get out of bed. "I'm gonna go check out the shops around here. You wanna come?"

Anne didn't get the chance to answer due to a knock interrupting her. The two girls looked over and Lilith went to answer from already being up.

On the other side was Jotaro and Kakyoin, the red head standing more distant from the other than usual.
"Weren't you told to ask who's at the door before opening? We could have been an enemy," Jotaro reminded Lilith.

"Whoops, I kinda zoned out at that part of the lesson. You can test me again."

Jotaro shook his head, his hat covering part of his face to hide his growing annoyance towards the ignorant female. "We're gonna go buy tickets for either a bus or train, whichever gets us to our next stop the quickest."

"Oh! Lilith was gonna go to the shops for new clothes," Anne brought up. "I want to go as well, but I'd rather go with you to buy the tickets. It's getting boring in this hotel room."

Both girls grabbed whatever they needed before leaving the room. Anne walked in front of the group, doing an occasional skip to get a bit farther. Lilith stood near the back to not be embarrassed by her unpleasantry and Kakyoin fell back to stand by her side.

"Are you sure you don't want to just join us? It'll make it easier if everything was done in one trip," he asked her in a low whisper as if they were keeping a secret from Jotaro and Anne.

Lilith shook her head, moving a step away from him. "No, it's fine. Who knows how long I'll take just picking what I want." She looked over to him and noticed the heavy set glare he was sending. It was as if he was disappointed in her persistence to go her own way.

"I said you should come. It isn't safe being alone," he almost growled. She never expected Kakyoin to act in an aggressive manner. He came off as the type to be collected than let his emotions take over.

She glared at him, though not as heavily as he did towards her. "I said it's fine. Take the hint when a girl says she's doesn't want to do something, it's a turn off to keep pushing."

When they made it to the lobby, Lilith walked away from the group with a huff. She could pick up Jotaro wondering what pissed her off and Kakyoin staying silent in response. She walked towards the pool to look for another exit to avoid the group and be alone.