two

KENT- 1814
I woke and shot straight up, sitting in what felt like... a bed?

A bed raised off the floor with the softest of white and gold linens and four pillows. I looked down to see myself wearing a white cotton night gown and my hair felt like it was in a plaited bun. Looking around the room everything was furnished and tidy, it looked very expensive and very old.

'Confused' and 'puzzled' weren't really the words I was thinking to describe how I was feeling in this particular moment

'Confused' and 'puzzled' weren't really the words I was thinking to describe how I was feeling in this particular moment. More like

'WHAT THE FUCK JUST FUCKING HAPPENED AND WHY THE SHITTING HELL AM I IN A BLOODY BED FROM THE EIGHTEEN FUCKING HUNDREDS!?'.

More or less.

While I was getting caught up in my world of thoughts and questions a... ?maid? walked straight in and started opening curtains.

'Morning Miss Haywood. Mr Haywood requests your presence in the Parlour once you are ready and your mother Mrs Haywood would also like to speak with you.' She said.

Not taking anything she was saying into account, I was about to ask her for help, but if this was what I thought it was and if I had done what I think I had done than screaming like a crazy woman would probably just land me in a convent. Luckily I was doing English A-levels so I knew a bit about how to speak during this time thank the fucking lord. I took a deep breath before replying with 'thank you, I should like to get ready by myself today.' 'Of course ma'am' she said lowering her head before leaving. I almost took a bit of pride in my confidence when I spoke to her and felt like giving myself a small pat on the back.

Once she left I pinched the bridge of my nose and then shook my hands to try and relieve some anxiety. I wanted to cry again at the thought that I had potentially travelled through time in a blue portal, but that wouldn't have helped help me at all. I had no clue what was happening and I just wanted to go home, but I had no idea how. For now I decided to play along and get some answers in time.

From what I can gather I'm in the 'Haywood' house, but somewhere in the 1800s, hopefully. And from what I can remember this is a family of 7 members. 3 sons and 2 daughters, me of course being one of the daughters. My name is still Diana Haywood and I am still 17. Oh and Mr Haywood, my 'father' I suppose, wants to see me.

Small problem

I have no fucking clue how I'm supposed to get ready. Telling the maid that I'd rather get ready myself today definitely wasn't one of my brightest ideas, but in my defence, I had just woken up 200 years in the past.

I should probably try and poke my head out the door to see if I can find her. I approach the door and open it taking a few steps out of the room, but I crash into someone who quickly puts them self back together. He looks like he's maybe a couple of years older then me, 19 or 20.

He laughs before asking 'Little sister, what are you doing outside of your room in nothing but a nightgown?'. I stutter a bit before managing to say 'I needed my maid'. 'Ahh right. CLAIRE! My sister is in need of your help.' He shouts turning back to me and kissing me on the forehead 'next time you crash into your favourite brother you will have to pay me' he says. I laugh a bit at the what I hope was a joke when he leaves. Claire comes rushing back to the door 'I'm s-so sorry miss I sh-should've stayed outside your doors' she stutters. 'Don't worry Claire it was my fault I should've been more clear when I told you to leave. As it turns out, I do actually need your assistance with getting ready.' I say. 'Of course Miss Haywood' she replies.