nine

I didn't sleep very well the next few days and didn't go out very much either. I spoke to my family quite often though and read books to pass the time, but i was still feeling depressed about everything in general.

This morning i felt a bit different though, of course i'm still sad and angry at myself but i decided that it would be better to get dressed and do something, rather than lying on my bed and drowning in my self pity. Claire came in excited because she could finally do her job again and got me dressed.

 Claire came in excited because she could finally do her job again and got me dressed

While Claire was doing my hair, i was thinking about James. Not like, thinking about James, but more thinking about what i was going to do now that i didn't need a reason to pretend. If anything, as much as i hated to admit it, i needed to start finding someome who actually wanted to be with me. As a husband. i suppose that is really the only way to live a life in the regency era as a woman.

That said i did make an arrangement with James and i told him that i would help him until the end of the season. However, it means i'd have to wait another year for another one to start again. This was all so hard and complicated, to be honest i just wanted to eat breakfast at this point.

Claire finished my hair and i rushed downstairs to see if there was any breakfast left considering my brothers are such gannets all the time. I was very disappointed when they'd left one piece of burnt toast for me.

I hit Francis on the back of the head before sitting down and eating nothing. "It was Ambrose Diana!" he laughed speaking through a mouth full of food. "Charming brother, but would you mind repeating that?" Ambrose replied in defense while holding his hand up to cup his ear mocking Francis. "i do not care, and i do not wish to hear your excuses either." i announced holding my head high and crossing my arms over one another.

Matilda waltzed into the room with a big smile on her face and mother followed her in. "i would like to suggest we go on a big Haywood walk." Matilda announced before going to sit next to Francis on a chair she'd pulled over from the corner of the room. She rolled out a long piece of paper with writing all over it that she'd clearly been working a very long time on.

For about ten minutes she explained to us where we were going to go and what we were supposed to see at what time. I have to say, she was very organised.

"Diana, you will be incharge of telling any of our wonderful brothers off if they do anything out of line." she said. I heard each and everyone of my brothers sigh and took pleasure in it quite frankily. "this is going to be fun" Matthew teased rolling his  eyes before i kicked him under the table to prove to Matilda how good i was going to be at my one and only role. "perfect, thank you." She beamed impressed witht the amount of work i'd done already.

Once we were outside we all sort of split of into pairs and then walked behind each other. Mother was with Matthew, Matilda with Ambrose and i was with Francis. We walked in silence for a while, until i could make out who was coming towards us.