four

I woke up this morning in the same position that I fell asleep in, which meant that I slept well, and I haven't done that in a while. The curtains were open slightly, so a golden beam shone down on my face kissing all my features. I couldn't help but smile being so at peace with myself and everything around me, though the quiet didn't last very long as Claire came in and started opening my curtains and speaking to me really quickly.

"Morning Miss Haywood" she said standing at the foot of my bed. "Good morning Claire" I replied stretching my arms and yawning. "It seems that you've woken up slightly later than usual Miss Haywood, you're family is waiting for you downstairs to eat breakfast." She added. "I suppose I should start getting ready then" I said getting out of bed.

 "I suppose I should start getting ready then" I said  getting out of bed

Claire finished my hair and I went downstairs to join the Haywoods for breakfast

Claire finished my hair and I went downstairs to join the Haywoods for breakfast. Mrs Haywood was sat at the head of the table and Francis on the opposite end. Matthew and Matilda were sat next to each other  on one side and there was a free sit next to Ambrose on the other which I was guessing was mine.

Ambrose stood up and pulled out my chair for me "sister you are looking lovely today as always." He said pushing me into the table. "Thank you Ambrose" I replied grabbing a piece of toast and beginning to spread some jam on it.

Francis was reading a leaflet of some sort and he had seen an article that caught his eye. "Aha! Here you go mother, the Penbrooke's are hosting a dinner today." He clearly was faking his excitement whereas Mrs Haywood's eyes lit up like fireworks at the thought of me talking to the opposite sex. "Brilliant! There you go darling." She said shifting here eye line over to me. I had to let out a very fake squeal in order to make her think I actually cared, which Ambrose caught onto so he obviously let out a snigger but covered it up as a cough. I kicked his leg under the table and he looked at me in pain. "Children please stop that" Mrs Haywood said. Ambrose and I must have some some of blood connection as both of our immediate reactions was to point at each other, we were never going to take ourselves seriously.

"Would you look at that, apparently there's a fortune teller going around." Francis also read out loud and Mrs Haywood put down her cup of tea. "Goodness, I've always despised those people, promenading around telling innocents where they are to die" she complained. "Well come on mother, I've found them quite entertaining in the past" Francis said back. Matthew and Ambrose both choked on their food from laughing, making Francis's words seem like something they were not. Francis squinted his eyes at the both of them before putting the leaflet down, "both of you need to grow up" he said before leaving. I hit Ambrose on the leg to try and stop him from laughing but him and Matthew found themselves way too funny.