three

It was the late afternoon on the now and Claire was doing my hair. My gown tonight was gorgeous and my hair looked beautiful.

 My gown tonight was gorgeous and my hair looked beautiful

I jumped slightly when I heard a girl shouting 'DIANA, MAKE HASTE!' It didn't sound like the mother or clearly any of the brothers

I jumped slightly when I heard a girl shouting 'DIANA, MAKE HASTE!' It didn't sound like the mother or clearly any of the brothers. But then it came to me, it must've been the other daughter telling me to hurry the fuck up. I thanked Claire and hurried to the top of the staircase where I finally saw ANOTHER brother and the sister who shouted for me.

My eyes welled up a bit at the thought that only yesterday my real family was waiting for me at the bottom of the stairs telling me to get a move on. I miss them terribly. My mum getting frustrated at me, my dads terrible jokes and Emily's little laugh. But it only pushed me to try and find a way home even more, which was exactly what I was going to do after getting through this dreaded night of Mrs Haywood pushing me into the arms of 60 year old men. That's always what it's like in the movies anyway. I'd need to find a way to look like I cared about finding a husband, so it wouldn't be suspicious, but also try to find a way to go home.

"Little sister." immediately knew Ambrose was speaking to me. "Pick a brother to wear on your arm tonight." he added. I cocked my head to the side and smiled "well of course I could have no other than the head of the house on my arm on the most important night of my life" I said coming down the stairs. Everyone smiled and Francis came forward with his arm out. "You look lovely Diana" he said. "Thank you brother" i teased. He huffed and laughed in reply. "I would be very fortunate to have Ambrose and Matthew on my arms" Mrs Haywood suggested.

Aha! The third son is Matthew - 3/7 down.

I turned around to see Mrs Haywood sandwiched between her two sons and said "dear brothers you won't take my choice to heart?" clearly getting on Ambrose's nerves. The whole family broke out into laughter including Ambrose. "Of course not little sister" he said kicking the back of my leg. "Ow!" yet still smiling, he raised his eyebrows up in reply. I shook my head and turned back around ready to leave for the ball.