Chapter 32- Hardly-Baked

Chapter 32

Hardly-Baked

Disclaimer: I do not own Fairy Tail or its characters, only my own OC's and Ideas

.:+:.

There was the deep, solemn ringing of a bell that echoed over the silent figure of Crocus. The city and everyone in it stood quiet, waiting with baited breath, and bathed under a blood red moon.

"On this night July 7- ten thousand dragons will descend on Crocus, and the kingdom will be decimated."

Hora grimaced slightly, her blue eyes turned a muddy violet hue as they reflected the crimson glow overhead. She felt the dread still hanging over her head, a dark shadow that had not gone away even after finding the one that had lurked at the edges of her vision the last few days.

This is it... Time's almost up

10,000 Dragons on their way, ready to destroy everything... Like they've managed twice already

She bit the inside of her cheek, her hands clenching into fists at her sides and grumbling internally.

It had to be enough, right? That things hadn't gone the way they were supposed to? Enough that she was there now? Very much alive and not bending to the will of the Future, denying it her death even when it seemed to be trying so hard to snatch her life from her?

It had to be enough... but even still.

... This is gonna be bad, huh...?

She shook her head furiously at herself for the intrusive thought, gritting her teeth.

Shit, I shouldn't think that-

'-It's better than fooling yourself with unrealistic notions.' Lixue intoned dryly, and she grimaced at it. 'None of this will be 'good'- you and all the rest of the Wizards are planning to face the might of a horde of Dragons, and one of a number that is larger than what Mages you have on your side. Even a band of 50 or 100 Wizards against a single Dragon would have a difficult time- you are all at quite a disadvantage in this.'

... Well you're a ray of sunshine Lixue... Thanks for that...

'I'm simply being rational.'

She huffed lowly under her breath at him, her teeth gritting further at the words- but hell, he had a point.

I hate it when you're right though

'As do I, occasionally.'

Hmph

The conversation got stopped there (though Lixue did seem to grumble a bit in the back of her head for it), and Hora's attention diverted to her right, Lyon stepping up beside her. A few feet to their right and a bit behind them both was Juvia and Gray, the Fairies having been talking to Lyon quietly for a moment or two before he broke off- and Sherria was somewhere a few streets over now with Yuka, Tobi and Jura (Sherry had apparently decided to join her fiancé for the incoming fight and gone off with Blue Pegasus).

Lyon's eyes narrowed at the eerily red moon overhead as he paused beside her, his eyes trailing from the sky to catch her gaze from the side. He smiled faintly as their gazes matched, only just, and a little sadly too for a moment and she bit the inside of her cheek for it- but the look was gone soon enough and he let out a small sigh.

"... I suppose we'll be seeing which of the three of our Ice Magics compare soon here, hmm?" Lyon murmured lightly, and Hora smiled a touch nervously at it.