Chapter 40

Miyeon found herself walking away from the camping sight into a more empty place. She sat down on a rock around some trees.

The image of her sister being shot appeared in her mind. The more she tries to forget that moment she can't. Losing the last member in her family had hurted her a lot emotionally.

"Mieun, Miyeon come down. Breakfast is ready girls!!" The sweet voice of Mrs Kim rang in the house.

A 7 years old and a 4 years old ran down to the dinning room.

"Yeah!! My favorite bacons. Thank you mommy." The youngest squealed.

"I know dear you love them, now eat up."

Mrs. Kim started feeding her the food as Mieun ate her own.

As the two girls had their breakfast, the door opened. They turned to see their father dressed up.

"Honey you are leaving already?"

"Yeah!" He frowned. "You need to come as well. They found out that we know everything."

"Mom, Dad why are you leaving this early?" Mieun asked as her mother got up.

"Dear we have a really important work to do." Mr Kim answered.

"Take care of your sister, Mieun."

Something the two sisters didn't know then was that it was their last time seeing their parents.

A tear rolled down Miyeon's cheeks as she stared at the vast sky overhead.

"What are you doing here?" A soft voice snapped her out of her thoughts.

The girl quickly wiped her tears away and shook her head without looking at the person.

"Nothing much, just staring at the sky."

The boy sat down beside her as Miyeon shifted to her left.

"Anything wrong? You don't seem okay."

"I'm fine Renjun." Her words came out as a whisper.

"The dried tears don't explain that."

Renjun rubbed circles on her back as Miyeon tried to avoid making eye contact.

After a few minutes of silence, Miyeon spoke up,"Renjun can I ask you something?"

"You just did girl!!" He stated as a matter of fact.

Miyeon pouted at his answer. He let out a small chuckle seeing her pouty face.

"Okay okay !!"

"How did you become a part of all this? I mean these mafia stuff."

"Uh... um!"

"It's okay if you don't want to tell."

"No it okay! Not very dark. I came from a poor family, my father was a drunkard. Well my mom was sick, but didn't spend his money on her treatment. So what's when I started to steal. But I.. I couldn't save her." Renjun's voice became shakey. Miyeon quietly caressed his back, listening to his story.

"After that I ran away from my home. Later one day Kun ge and Winwin ge caught me while stealing. I am thankful that back then they listened to my story and brought me here to Korea taking me in NCT."

Miyeon nodded and stared at the sky.

"Enough about me, what about you?"

She stared at at Renjun before sighing.

"Kinda similar to half of your member. My parents killed by Shark Blade the same way Taeyong and the other's parents were. I was too small to understand that. Then I met the other girls, they became my family. But blinded by rage we wanted to take revenge, then something happened that I keep on regretting."

"I don't know what you regret, but is it related to your sister's death?"

"My sister? But I never talked about her?" Miyeon tensed up thinking Taeyong told them her secret.

"Uh um... Jungwoo hyung told us that she died."

His words calmed her down, mentally apologizing to Taeyong for doubting him.