45. Promise (Jiheon/Gyuri)

Requested by: indecisive0

"Here you go, Gyuri-ah. Drink up." you said as you help Gyuri drink a glass of water.

"Thanks Y/N. You're very considerate as always." She answered, giving a smile to you before she takes a sip.

Once she's done, Gyuri went back to her hospital bed as you help her prepare to rest for the night.

"Are you feeling okay now? If not, I can stay here tonight so I can take care of you. It's not a problem." You offered.

"That's nice of you, but don't you have work tomorrow? You don't need to worry about me all the time." She replied.

"But I want to, and right now, you need me. I just.....can't leave you alone while you're like this." You said while trying to hide your sadness.

Seeing you this concerned about her well-being made Gyuri feel a bit worried, as she tries to console you herself.

"Come here." She said to you.

You went closer towards her as she smiles at you. Once you're beside her, she reached out to hold your hand, as you try to look happy so as not to make her worried about you.

"You know Y/N, when I first met you, I felt like the happiest girl in all my life. Every single day, you always do your best to make me feel so special when I'm with you. I thought that something like that was nothing more than a dream, but you made it real for me. Even now, you make sure that you visit me as much as you can. While I do appreciate it, sometimes I feel concerned seeing you tired and not having enough rest. I'm not here to stop you from coming of course, but as your girlfriend, I too, wanted to make sure that you're okay." Gyuri said to you.

"Like I always told you babe, I'm fine. As long as I get to see you everyday, then I'll be all right. Still, I appreciate you still looking after me. Like I said before when we had our first date, you'll always be the only one for me, and that's a promise I want to keep forever. Having said that, I wanted you to promise me something too." You said to her with a calm voice.

"Of course babe, anything." Gyuri said as she listens to what you're about to say.

"It's very simple, and I know you can do it. Promise me that you'll do your best to get better, nothing more. If you can do that, then I'll be fine. The Jang Gyuri I know is a very strong woman who will never give up. It is for that reason why I fell in love with you. There's no one who can replace you in my life, and that's the truth."

"Y/N....."

The two of you felt silent for a moment, while you wait patiently for her answer. Then, Gyuri tries to get back up again, as you try and stop her from forcing herself.

"Gyuri-ah, no you don't have to-"

You weren't able to finish what you're saying as Gyuri suddenly locked her lips with yours. Through her kiss, you could feel all the emotions that she has for you all this time, making you feel the tenderness and warmth that she had shown you ever since she became yours. She didn't need to say anything else, for it was enough for you to understand what it meant.

Solemnly, the two of you parted lips, as both you and Gyuri were looking at each other's eyes so affectionately. Despite the fact that she's ill, she's still the most beautiful woman in your eyes, and you are proud to have someone like her to be in your life.

"Gyuri, you-"

"What? Was that kiss not enough for you, Y/N?" She teased.

"No, that's not what I meant! W-well yeah, I liked it, of course, but-"