67A. Special Oneshot: Our Story (IZ*ONE)

Requested by:  Arbiter-Neko

This is it. Even if this oneshot will feel like the "finale" of all my IZ*ONE content, I'll still write for them like I promised. I hope you guys will enjoy the first of another three-part story.

It was a moment that happened all too sudden, yet at the same time, inevitable.

As news about IZ*ONE's disbandment spread like wildfire across the online community, Wiz*Ones from all over the globe were caught off-guard by it, even more so now that it was only a few days left before their online concert will be held.

The knowledge that this would be the last time they will be able to see IZ*ONE perform together caused a wave of emotions towards everyone who grew attached to the group, who saw them like family and were the reason why they got to appreciate kpop in general.

Others, who had grown to appreciate all of their efforts to get to where they are, felt disappointed that their agencies would make such a sudden and careless decision. Even worse, it was announced just as when everyone is in high spirits, looking forward to another spectacular event that is certain to be full of surprises and incredible performances.

Then there are those who were angry towards the agencies themselves, even going so far as to threaten them by boycotting all the new groups that they will debut in the future. While it's true that such slur of actions were immature and pointless, you can't blame them for acting in such a manner. For some, the people who belong in this group can be considered the most passionate fans of IZ*ONE, who will never accept something like this so easily.

Finally, the haters also made their own move, hoping to take advantage of the situation by demoralizing the real fans further. They went from saying that the disbandment was a good sign that the "rigged girl group" will finally leave the kpop scene, and went as far as to say that they hope that this reputation will affect their future careers as well. Others went further than this by saying such words as "good riddance", and mocking their accomplishments, saying that they don't deserve the recognition they have.

Of course, the Wiz*Ones would not let such unfair criticism go unanswered, which prompted them to act in order to defend the girls from such malicious and hurtful comments. They also began to send words of inspiration and thanks to all the members for their hard work, and that they will continue to support them until the end, and even in their futures.

But despite all of this, the decision was already made, and the moment that everyone is dreading to happen finally occurred.

However, even the most passionate Wiz*Ones can't imagine what each of the members feel, for they too, were shocked when the decision was made.

It might have been seen as obvious for some, especially for those who watch their weekly content that they were all hinting towards a possible contract extension. This made fans speculate, hoping that they'll be able to formally announce it during the day of the concert.

It was a glimmer of hope for all, believing that is was indeed the truth.

But the proof of such a thing happening was nowhere to be found, and now that the opposite outcome will occur instead, some were convinced that it was false hope and nothing more.