64. A Reason To Live (Chaewon)

Requested by: 0PTiMiSTiQue

Author's Message: Some characters in this oneshot are depicted in a way that might cause you guys to feel either offended or uncomfortable, especially if you're a fan of theirs. I highly suggest not to read this further, and simply look forward to the next update that I'll make next week. But if you're all right with it, then I appreciate you all for reading this story.

Y/N's POV:

Have you ever thought about what will happen if everything was taken from you?

Imagine if your life every day was peaceful, and you feel like nothing could go wrong.

You do what you can to shoulder the responsibilities of living, but at the same time, enjoy the rewards that come along as a result of your hard work.

Everything seems perfect, and that you felt so thankful about what you have.

Then all of a sudden, things began spiraling down without warning.

That's what happened to me.

I'm just an ordinary person who had such a bright future ahead of me.

I did everything I can to reach my goals in life, making sure that I will have a stable career.

My job was nothing fancy, being a regular guy who sits behind a desk, with a pile of paper works in front of me every single day.

But you know what, it's fine. At least I have a means to sustain myself, as well as my own girlfriend who supports me.

Yes, I did have someone special in my life.

She used to be the source of my strength, the one who inspires me to do my best for the both of us.

To my eyes, she's always the most beautiful girl I had ever known, both by her looks and personality.

Truly, she's like an angel who descended from above just to make my life so much better.

"Y/N! You're home!" She said upon opening the door of the apartment that we share.

"Yes, Minju-ya. Just by looking at you, I feel better already after working for eight long hours. Thank you for always being here with me." I said as we shared a hug like we always do.

"You don't need to thank me. I made a promise to be here for you, right? Even if we don't spend much time together these days, that won't lessen the feelings that I have for you. I hope that you do the same." She said, then she gave me a peck on the cheek.

"That I will. I'd be a fool to neglect you, for you never fail to brighten up my day." I said with nothing but sincerity, which made you smile at me.

"Aww, you always have a way with words, Y/N. Anyway, you must be hungry. I cooked your favorite meal tonight, so I hope that you'll like it."

"When did I not like anything you made for me, Minju-ya? Just give me a moment so I can change my clothes before we have our dinner, okay?" I said as I kissed her forehead, making her blush.

"All right, I'll be waiting. Just don't take too long!" She said, as I gave her a smile before I head upstairs.

For some, it may just be an ordinary experience for people who have relationships.

But for me, it's so much special than that.