Chapter 18

Jennie's POV

I woke up with my phone ringing non-stop. I sleepily answered it.

"Hello?"

"Jennie! How are you asleep in this hour?! Your pictures with Kaylee got leaked! What the hell?! I told you to be careful!" I heard my manager rant. I sat right up in bed.

"What?! How did that happen?" I asked panicked.

"They followed you guys yesterday! Come here in the company this instant! This is a big problem, Jennie Kim!" he ended the call angrily.

I opened my phone and saw that OUR PHOTOS are LEAKED! Dammit! Good thing Kaylee's face was blurred. Even when we went on the convenience store. Shit!

'Famous model Jennie Kim seen with a teen, rumored to be her child? She was called 'eomma' by this child according to some sources.'

I ran to the bathroom and immediately went downstairs. I saw Kaylee eating bread with mom.

"Kaylee, if anyone tried to talk to you never answer them. After school go straight home, understood?" I said.

"Why?"

"No questions. Just do it for your safety please. Your driver will drop and pick you up for school." I ran to my car and went to our company.

"Jennie." Irene stood up immediately as I enter.

"How was it leaked? I was so careful." I asked in panicked.

"We don't know either, Jennie. This is a big problem. The reporter handling this case is Lee Jongsuk." dammit.

"Can't we just pay him?"

"He doesn't want to be paid with big news like this you know that, Jennie Kim." Daniel said.

"What should we do now? We've been receiving non-stop calls from other reporters since this morning." Momo said.

"We can say that it was only a fan but they have photos of the two of in two different locations, Jennie-yah. Good thing that this isn't going viral yet." Daniel said. "You have to chose." 

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Either you tell the public that the rumor is true, or send Kaylee to a different country and let this rumor die down. Because they will search for Kaylee not matter what. You're on your peak, Jennie. Don't let this bring you down." he placed a school option on the table.

"That's non-sense, Daniel!" Irene said angrily. "You can't take Kaylee away from her mother! She's still young and a minor. How would you expect her to live alone there? Worse, in a different country, with different language and culture." 

"It's only my suggestion. I just want you to think about it, Jennie. Irene and Momo, come with me. We have a mess to fix. I'm giving you till tomorrow to decide, Jennie. You were never a mother to her anyways, Jennie." then they went outside.

I took the flier and review about the school then went to our family company. I texted Lisa so we can have lunch together. I want to forget about this for a moment.

Lisa's POV

I smiled when I received a text from Jennie.

To: Jennie:
I'll bring you some lunch there. We can eat in your office.

From: Jennie:
Okay, I'll wait for you here.

I hurriedly took my coat and head out of the company. I took some take-outs on the ways and bought some flowers too.