Chapter 5

Kaylee's POV

"Hey, coach!" I waved my hand.

"Kaylee! You're almost late again!" I made a peace sign and gave him a gummy smile.

"Come on, change your clothes and we'll start in a few minutes." I nodded.

"Yes, Coach Chan!" I salute my hand playfully and went to my locker. I changed into my swim suit and head out.

We started our stretching and we raced in the water. Me and my friends were happily resting since we've been swimming nonstop for 30 minutes straight.

"Ugh! Exams are coming." my friend Yena groaned. I giggled.

"You're just to lazy, Yena." my other friend Minzy laughed. Yena pouted cutely.

"It's not my fault you guys are good in math!" we just laughed.

"Ugh! My mom will kill me if I fail my science again. Can you help me, Kaylee?" Minzy looked at me with puppy eyes.

"Can I also go? Let's have a sleep over!" Yena exclaimed happily. I thought for a minute, why not? 

"Sure!" they cheered.

"But help me with my mom first." Yena pouted again.

"Sure!" me and Minzy agreed.

"Okay everyone! Thank you for today. Kaylee can I talk to you for a few minutes? It'll be quick." I look at my friends then to my coach and nodded.

"We'll wait for you." Minzy gave a reassuring smile. I nodded and went to Coach Chan.

"What is it about coach?" I asked.

"Well, there's a competition going on. I was wondering if you would like to join. I know you still have dance club but this is a great opportunity." he handed me a fill up form. I accepted it but still having second thoughts about it.

"I'm not forcing you to do anything, but I just want you think about it. Just a parents signature then I'll be the one to process everything." he pat my head with a smile.

I went to the shower, thinking about it. I remember my mom. Will she be proud if I do this? Or maybe she'll just get mad.

I took my uniform and changed into them. I looked at the form intently, my thoughts were battling whether I should join or not. I put it at my uniform's pocket and decided to worry about it later.

I head out and saw my two friends waiting for me. I smiled and ran to their direction.

"What did you guys talk about?" Yena asked curiously.

"Just this and that. Come on we'll be late!" I drag the two of them to school.

We're seated in our chair while talking about stuff when our topic came to my mom. Jennie Kim.

"Did you hear that Jennie Kim is the new ambassador of Chanel?" Yena started.

"Yeah! I did. She's really pretty! I wonder why she's still single. She's 28 already and she never had a boyfriend." Minzy said. I just kept silent. I can't tell them anything since my mom's manager, Kang Daniel talked to to me about these kinds of things.

"Maybe she prioritize others things." I said awkwardly.

"You're right. She's got some busy schedule and maybe she doesn't have much time." we all agreed. 

"But, I'm really curious though. I heard she lives with her parents and sister. There's a rumor going on that she has a half sister." Minzy said while she was busy writing her notes.

"What makes you think that?" I asked nervously.

"I don't know, some people says it because her sister Jisoo was seen with a kid often. They never show her face though. Some thinks it's their cousin or half sister." Minzy shrugged.

"What if that's her kid?" I choked on my own saliva when Yena said that. The two looked at me worriedly.

"You okay?" I nodded.

"Kid? Jennie Kim? It's impossible." I chuckled nervously turning my gaze somewhere else."

"She's right, Yena. You and your imagination." we all giggled. The bell rang so we sat in our seats properly while waiting for our teacher.

The school is finished so now I'm in the dance room. Dance club is my current club right now but I love to swim. I have always liked dancing when I was young, I guess I got it from my Uncle. We just finished our dance practice and I was fixing my stuff.

"Yah! Kim Kaylee! Where's your mom?" Young-won mocked me. She always bullies me because I never show up with any parents at any events. I never told my aunt or grandparents about those events since I wanted it to be with mom.

"Leave me alone." I said not giving her a glance. I slung my bag to my shoulder and prepared to head out. 

As I walk out to the door I was pushed to the floor making me yelp in pain. I looked up to see Young-won laughing with the others and some does feel bad but they couldn't do anything because her mom is a well-known business woman too. I don't want to cause my mom trouble. I just stood up holding my bleeding right elbow and went back home. 

As I opened the door an empty house greeted me. Great timing, they won't have to. know anything about this. I ran to my room and pull up my sleeve. I hiss at the sight of my right elbow. I went to the bathroom and took my first aid kit. My cuts were in my left arm so even if someone went in here unexpectedly they won't see it. 

As I was treating my wound and listening to music someone entered my door. I jumped in shock and almost dropped the liquid ointment. I hid my arm behind my back. The door revealed my mom. Smiling sweetly at my with open arms.

"What's behind your back?" she asked as she sat beside me.

"Nothing, mom." I smiled. She didn't believe what I had said and opened her hand gesturing me to show it. I sighed and slowly showed it to her. Her eyes widened and looked at me with full of worry in her eyes.

She took a cotton ball and some ointment before damping it to my skin. I hissed in pain.

"Does it hurt?" I nodded. She smiled and blew on my wound as she continued on treating my wound. All I could do was savor this moment with her.

She finished on treating my wound and put some bandage on it. She stood up and cleaned up the kit before putting it back in my bathroom.

"Next time, be careful, okay? Mommy will be worried." she said as she ran her hand through my hair. I nodded and smiled.

"I love you, mom." I hugged her.

"I love you too." she hugged me back and kissed the top of my head.

"Why do you always ignore me then?"

"I'm sorry. But now, I'll stay with you, take care of you, love you and give you all my time. Forever." her voice suddenly changed. I slowly pulled away and looked up to see her face, but changed into a scary looking monster. 

"AAAAHHHHH!!!" I screamed in terror.