Chapter 6

Lia's POV

I was knocking on Kaylee's door but no one was answering. I assumed that she's asleep again. I opened the door to see Kaylee twisting and turning in her bed with her eyes closed. She was having a nightmare. I ran to her bed shaking her awake. 

"Kaylee!" I shouted in panic.

She jumped out in bed her face was covered in sweat and tears. She hugged me tightly not wanting to let go. I calmed her down for a few minutes then we pulled away. I wiped her tears and sweat. I went in her closet and took some fresh clothes for her to change into, I guess she was too tired to change.

After she changed I noticed a wound on her elbow. I treated it without talking because she'll open up to me if she's ready. I don't want to force her or anything in her current situation.

"Do you feel okay now?" I asked softly. She nodded.

"Can you go downstairs and eat or should I just bring some to you?" she thought about it for a moment.

"Am I going to eat alone again?" she asked bitterly.

"No, your aunt and grandparents are there." I said damping the towel on her forehead.

"Just bring it here in my room. Thanks." she lay down again. I sighed and nodded.

I saw Mr. and Mrs. Kim with Ma'am Jisoo and Jennie eating. They looked at me and I gave a small smile before bowing.

"Where's Kaylee?" Jisoo asked.

"S-she isn't feeling well, Ma'am." I stuttered.

"What?! Why?" Mr. Kim exclaimed.

"She isn't just feeling well. She wanted to eat in her room." I bowed.

"Forget it. I'll just bring the food to her. Just do your other jobs." Jisoo said. I nodded and went in the kitchen to prepare her dinner.

"What happened to Kaylee?" my friend Yuju asked curiously while washing the plates.

"She just had a nightmare." I sighed. "Poor girl, missing her mom very much."

"She's always alone. I sometimes hear her cry when I bring food in her room." said Yuju.

Jennie POV

I just kept silent and continue eating my food.

"Jennie, check up on Kaylee, please. At least act like you care for her for once." dad started.

"Jisoo unnie can do it. I'm busy." I said coldly.

"Come on, Jennie. Your daughter is sick and you don't seem to care?" mom said with a unpleased look on her face.

"Fine." I said shortly and stood up to go to the kitchen. I took the tray and head up to her room.

I knocked lightly but no one opened the door so I went in. This is the first time I've been in her room. It's cozy and minimal. I sighed when I saw clothes scattered on the floor. I placed the tray on the side before cleaning it up. 

I shook her lightly to wake her up. She slowly opened her eyes. 

"Mom?" she slowly sat up rubbing her eyes.

"Aish, I really see a doctor. These dreams are getting quite often." I heard her mumble. She thinks I'm a dream?

"You aren't dreaming." her eyes lit up.

"Here eat this. You haven't eaten yet." I said coldly. She smiled lightly but there was still a hint of tiredness in her eyes. I do feel a little worried.