Chapter 9

Lisa POV

I reserved a fancy place for me and Jennie to go. I wore a suit and head out of my apartment.

A few minutes later I arrived at Jennie's company where she's taking shoot. I entered the building and texted her that I have already arrived here.

"Hey, Lisa!" Jennie waved making me smile widely.

"Hey."

"Should we go?" she nodded. I lead her to the car and as a gentle woman I am I opened the car for her.

"All set?" I asked. She put on her seat belt.

"Yup. Where should we eat?" I started the engine.

"Leave it to me." I drove off to the restaurant.

"This way, ma'am." the receptionist lead us to our table.

I pulled the chair for her and sat across Jennie. The waiter gave us the menu and we started to order our food.

"I'll be back to take your order." he smiled and left.

I glanced at Jennie who was busy picking what her order is. I was once more mesmerized by her beauty.

She looked up meeting my eyes. I smiled at her.

"You look really pretty today." a tint of red appeared on her cheeks.

"Only today?" I was caught off guard.

"No! It's not like that. I mean you look pretty everyday. You just look extra prettier." she giggled.

"I'm just messing with you." she said softly. I sighed in relief.

The waiter came back and took our orders. A few minutes later our food arrived and I decided to have a simple conversation with her.

"So Jennie." she looked at me.

"Tell me about yourself." she smiled.

"Well, what do you wanna know?" I thought about it for a moment.

"Are you in a relationship now?" she shook her head.

"No, actually. I've been busy with things. And I don't think they'll be staying for long." I looked at her in confuse.

"What do you mean? You're gorgeous, sexy, nice. Any man would be lucky to have you." she blushed again.

"There's still many things people don't know about me. You'll be shocked to know." she took a sip of her drink. I just nodded confused of what she meant.

We finished our meal and I insisted to be the one paying for our meal since I was the one who wanted to take her out.

While we are driving she was too immersed with her phone. She was texting someone. I don't know who it is but I feel the sudden urge of curiosity.

"Lisa, can you drop me off in a jewelry store?" she asked.

"Why? Need something from there?" she nodded.

"Yeah, it's my mom's birthday. She doesn't like big parties. She likes to celebrate it with close families only." I nodded.

"What store should we go to?" I asked.

"Can you recommend me some? I wanted it to be something she doesn't expect." I thought for a minute then I remembered my friends Mina and Jeongyeon's shop.

"Yeah, I have a friends who own a jewelry shop. They've got nice diamonds, ruby, etc. They design it themselves."

"Jinja? Great! Can we go there?" I nodded and drove to their shop.