Chapter 3

Trigger warning: Self-harm. Don't read if you get triggered by these.

Kaylee's POV

I wiped my tears and rode the bus. I waved my hand a little saying goodbye to Lisa. She was so nice. Mom has always been really cold to me but gramma and grandpa said to understand her since she's got a tight schedule, which I did.

I put on my earphones and listened to my Playlist on the way home.

"Where have you been, young lady?" I stopped my tracks and closed my eyes tightly praying that it's not who I think it is.

"Aunt Jisoo." shit. I smiled awkwardly with a nervous laugh.

"I bought some food. I got hungry." yeah, hungry.

"There's a lot of food here, don't lie to me." she squinted her eyes on me making me gulp.

"I took a walk at the park." I answered honestly.

"How's school?" she took a sip of water.

"I've got a feeling that you're being sarcastic." she let out a laugh. She raised a paper which I couldn't see clearly but has my face on it.

"What's that?" I asked.

"You've got high grades! I'm so proud of you!" she ran up to hug me. I melted in aunt's arm and smiled happily.

"Thanks."

"Wanna go get some ice cream?" she suggested.

"Can we go tomorrow?" she nodded and kissed the top of my head. Then she immediately pulled away.

"What?" I asked confused.

"One more thing." she stopped. I looked at her. Her facial expression changed to sweet then to angry.

"HOW DARE YOU SKIP SCHOOL?!" Fuck. I ran around the living room as she chased me.

"YAH! SINCE WHEN DID I TEACH YOU TO DO THAT?! HUH?! COME HERE!" she caught me and she pinched my ear.

She made me sit in the couch and I stared at the floor.

"I'm sorry, Auntie." I really am but what can I do? I'll just embarrass myself.

She sat beside me and started tickling me. I was laughing so hard and my face was red from laughing.

"Don't you dare skip classes again, okay?" I nodded. But I don't make promises.

"Who skipped classes?" I'm doomed.

My mom went down the stairs with an annoyed look on her face. Me and Aunt Jisoo froze in our spots.

"I-, no one did, haha." she let an awkward laugh but mom didn't buy the excuse.

"I know what I heard, unnie." she then looked at me. I gulped in fear.

"I-I'm sorry, mom." I lowered my head. I heard her scoff.

"Sorry?! What the heck, Kaylee? I put you in an amazing school and gave you this life, all you had to do was do your part." amazing school? I always get bullied there because I never showed them my mom and I was the nerd there! But I remained silent. "How can you be so inconsiderate?! Where did you get that attitude? Huh?!" tears started falling in my eyes.

"I'm sorry, mom." I wiped my tears.

"Don't you dare cry!" I tried my best to stop my tears from falling. Remember what Lisa said.

"Jen, stop. Why can't you let her explain?" Aunt Jisoo tried to defend me.

"No, unnie! She's growing up rebellious!" 

"Jen." I heard grandpa's voice. I looked at them with tears in my eyes. I don't want them to see me like this. 

I ran to my room as quick as I could and locked the door. I went to the bathroom and get my blade. I started to cut on my wrist. 1 *cut* 2 *cut* 3 *cut*. I don't know how many I did but when I stopped crying I stood up and went to the sink. I washed the blood of my wrist and hid the blade again. 

I went to my bed and cried myself to sleep. I just want her to listen and be there for me.

Jisoo's POV:

Kaylee ran to her room crying. I looked at Jennie angrily in which she returned in an annoyed face.

"What the fuck, Jennie?! You didn't have to yell at her! Look what you did!" I shouted. She just rolled her eyes.

"See? That's why she's like this. You're spoiling her!" she shouted back.

"You never even let her explain!"

"Enough! What is happening here?" mom said in concern.

"Kaylee was skipping school." Jennie spat. Mom and Dad's eyes widen.

"Why don't you ask her teacher the reason? You didn't even attend the parent and teacher's meeting how can you judge the story quickly? Huh?" I said in disbelief.

"Still! Do you think it's okay to skip school?! I bet her grades are dropping because of her being rebellious!" I get her grades angrily and show to her face.

"And do you think abandoning your child is also okay?!" she went silent.

"Here's her grades, all in line of nine, she's the top in her school." she removed the paper off her face and went to her room angrily. I sighed. Tears were starting to fall from my eyes.

"Hey, when did Kaylee skip school?" mom went beside me. She gave the maids her shopping bag.

"Every Thursday afternoon." mom widen her eyes.

"And before you say anything, it's a lunch with your parents day. I totally understand why she always skipped that day. Even I would do the same, Jennie never give a damn about her daughter. I practically raised her." I scoffed and ran my hand through my hair. Dad took the paper with Kaylee's grades and I could see he was also impressed.

"Sweetie, look." dad showed mom the paper. Mom smiled seeing her grades.

"I should check up on Kaylee." I stood up and went to her room.

I knocked at her door but no one answered. I entered quietly and saw her back facing me. Maybe she's asleep already. I walked towards her bed and saw her sleeping. I tucked some hair behind her ear and wiped the tears stained her cheek. 

"My poor girl. Sleep now. I love you." I kissed her forehead and fixed her blanket. Heading out the door I heard her mumble something. I went closer to hear what she was saying.

"Mom. Mom. I miss you." she mumbled in her sleep. I felt a lump stuck in my throat, my eyes welled up in tears. I went outside her room and go to my room. 

I slept thinking about me and Jennie's fight, and Kaylee too. Why is she just so cold towards her?