Chapter 23

A/N: Imagine that Kaylee is Chaeyeon

No one's POV

Kaylee spent the whole Saturday in her friends house since she knows that her grandparents and aunt wouldn't know.

Jennie on the other hand spent the whole weekend with Lisa. Irene advice to make another rumor about Lisa and her dating so they can cover up the issue with Kaylee.

Days passed and it was Monday. Jennie was picked up by Lisa at the afternoon. As usual, Kaylee didn't tell her grandparents or Jisoo about the program. She was being a little distant from them but they can't blame the girl.

"Woah, your clothes look cool." Minzy complimented Kaylee.

"Thanks. It feels a little uncomfortable though." she smiled.

"You should remove the sleeves in your arms it'll look better. It's not that cold." Yena tugged her arm. Kaylee widen her eyes. She doesn't want her friends to see her cuts.

"I'm a little cold." Kaylee replied with an awkward smile.

"If you say so."

"Come on guys. It's starting. You're group mates must be waiting for you." Minzy pushed her friend on the backstage.

Minzy and Yena went to their respective seats with Jennie and Lisa in front. Yena and Minzy haven't noticed Jennie since they were to nervous for their performance later.

Meanwhile Jennie and Lisa was just having a small conversation. Jennie was completely shocked to see that they were heading to Kaylee's school. Many fans has come to approached her earlier so it's hard to come close to Kaylee.

"Jennie?" Lisa tried to take Jennie's attention who is spacing out. "Jennie." Lisa said one more time. Jennie was shocked and came out of her senses.

"I'm sorry, what was that." 

"I was calling you but you weren't responding, is everything alright?" Lisa asked worriedly.

"Y-yeah, I was just thinking of something." Lisa decided to let it slide and watched the program start.

Kaylee and her groupmates have went on their places. She still haven't seen her mom since she was till upset to care about anything at the moment. 

"Okay, everyone places!" the program organizer said.

The song has started and the curtains have opened. They started dancing to the music. They students have cheered for them.

"Let's give it up for YG High Dance Troupe!" the announcer said. 

Jennie's eyes laid  up on her daughter. She was amazed by her dance skills. Her eyes was focused on every movements her daughter makes. She feels something in her heart. She was feeling proud of her daughter despite all the times she had ignored her.

She watched every flow and turns. Kaylee's eyes laid on her mom. She was shocked but kept on dancing. Her eyes never left her mom's. The song ended and Jennie clapped with everyone.

"Thank you YG High Dance Troupe for a wonderful performance! Now let us start the contest with our special guest. Ms. Lalisa Manoban." everyone clapped for Lisa and she waved at everyone.

The contest started it went on pretty well. Kaylee was just at the side of the stage watching every students perform.

She cheered her friends when they were performing. As she was watching a malfunction happened. It was Young-won and her friends performing. Kaylee's bully. Young-won glanced at Kaylee with mad eyes since they were so embarrassed. Kaylee was standing next to the wires so she thought she messed their performance up to get back with them.

Young-won and her friends left the stage and ran to Kaylee. They pinned her to the wall.

"You really have ways to get in my nerves don't you? You ruined our performance you, bitch!" Young-won grabbed Kaylee's collar.

"I didn't do anything!" Kaylee tried to get out of their grasp but it was no use.

"You embarrassed in front of everyone! Especially Jennie Kim!" a minion of Young-won said angrily while holding Kaylee in the other arm while another in the other arm.

"Let's see if you can handle the humiliation too." Young-won smirked. Kaylee's heart was beating fast. She was scared but doesn't want to show it. Her friends weren't around since they're at the other side of the stage.

There no much people there to help her since she was beside the wires and no really goes there, even the teachers.

"Push her on the stage." Young-won commanded her.

Young-won's friends pushed her on the stage. Everyone was so shocked even the announcer. She had to perform even though she wasn't ready.

"Well, I guess we have another performer today. Please give it up for Kaylee Kim!" everyone was clapping for her.

Kaylee glanced at Young-won who was smirking then to her friends. They just gave her a nod encouraging her to continue. All she could do was sigh.

"Give me a guitar and a chair please." Kaylee asked politely to one of the staff. The staff nodded and immediately gave her what she needed.

Everyone was looking at her with anticipated eyes, wondering will she do. She sat on the chair and placed the gutar on her lap.

"This is a sudden time and a last minute decision but I'll do it anyways." she started. "Hello everyone, I'm Kim Kaylee. I want to sing a song to a certain someone." she looked at the crowed avoiding Jennie's gaze.

Jennie was just watching with Lisa who is looking happily at Kaylee because she didn't know that she studies here.

"This song holds what I want to say. I don't want to name this person but I know you're here and listening. This is what I have always wanted to say." 

She started playing the guitar. Jennie's eyes glistened from tears with her daughters voice.

"Jennie, are you okay?" Lisa asked worriedly.

"Yeah, I was just not feeling well. Can we go?" Jennie didn't want to hear what Kaylee would be singing because she was afraid.

"Oh, can we at least stay for a few minutes please? I just want to say hi to someone after this. It will be quick I promise. But if you really want to got we could." Lisa said with care.

"Alright, let's stay for a bit. I just need to go to the restroom." Lisa nodded.

"Do you want me to accompany you?" Lisa smiled and Jennie shook her head no.

"I'll be fine." Jennie stood up and walked her way to the restroom but the lyrics that Kaylee sang made her stop