Combat Pilot's Exam

POV-(Y/n):

GOOOOOOOD MORNING NIGHT CITY!

Yesterday's body count rounded out to a solid n' sturdy thirty!

     Ten outta Heywood, thanks to unabated gang wars

     One officer down so I guess you're all screwed!

     Because the NCPD is NOT gonna let that one go—

     The radio was silenced by me turning off the radio alarm. I just needed a few more minutes of sleep. I slept terribly last night since I was too busy studying for the exam today.

     I heard the door to my room slide open. It's probably just Father Elijah here to remind me that it's time to get up. I felt a poke on my shoulder, odd.

     (Y/n): Just ten more minutes please.

I heard a sigh of annoyance that definitely wasn't Elijah. As soon as I started to look up over the blanket, I was immediately surprised by someone getting onto my bed and jumping up and down on it!

Stella: Wake up (Y/n)-boooo!

(Y/n): S-Stella! What are you d-doing!

     Stella: What does it look like? I'm making sure you don't sleep through our big test today!

     (Y/n): I'm awake! I meant why are you still bouncing?

     Stella: It's fun!

     I pulled the covers off and sat up. It had been over two years since I had met my best friend, Stella Loussier. The training was brutal and absolutely savage at some points, but we were always there for each other. No matter how hard it got, she always made everything better. I had grown to love her, like...

     Fallen in love with her.

     I planned to tell her how I felt...but I wanted to wait until we both graduated and became Pilots. That way we could fly wherever we wanted to celebrate. That way my feelings wouldn't distract either one of us from our training and studies.

     She bounced up on the bed one last time, laid back in midair, and landed on the bed looking up at the ceiling. I leaned over and rested my head on her abdomen. Trying very hard not to go back to sleep.

(Y/n): I'm so tired. *yawns*

Stella: I know, I'm sleepy too. We've both been studying nonstop.

(Y/n): I hope it pays off.

She then began petting my head, running her soft, gentle hands through my hair.

Stella: Don't worry it will, I just know it!

I inhaled deep and then exhaled, both her words and her touch comforting me.

(Y/n): Thanks Stella, you always make everything so much better.

We both sat up and hugged. We stayed like that for a minute or so, just enjoying each other's company. Sinking into each other's touch. We then eventually realized what we were doing and quickly separated, both of us with a light red blush on our cheeks.

     Stella: S-Sorry...

     (Y/n): It's alright, I don't mind.

     Stella: You wanna go and get ready while I wait here?

     (Y/n): Yeah I'll only be a few minutes.

     Stella: Could you...

     She paused, seemingly embarrassed.