Athrun Zala

POV-Third Person:

     The young man swiftly walked through the depths of Jachin Due, the capital fortress of the Zodiac Alliance of Freedom Treaty, or ZAFT for short. The other various pilots, fighters, and workers watched; more out of surprise that he was back than anything else. It had been awhile since he left the faction, but now...fear of the Rose Meteor had caused him to scurry back.

     The lead field commander of ZAFT stood in his office, gazing out the window into open space; a twisted smirk on his face. Nobody within ZAFT could even imagine knowing the man's violent intentions and ambitions, nor did they realize that he wasn't even on their side to begin with. His calm demeanor and incredible combat prowess kept him from being identified for what he really was.

     Rau Le Creuset; A Zeon spy.

     Brushing flawless platinum blonde hair out of his face, he gazed through masked eyes out at the starry void of space through the large fortified window in his office

     Brushing flawless platinum blonde hair out of his face, he gazed through masked eyes out at the starry void of space through the large fortified window in his office. His pale white Captain's uniform showing his status amongst ZAFT's ranks. As he watched ZAFT's various crews struggle to maintain their units and ships at port, he couldn't help but chuckle to himself. A dashing and attractive face covering up the truly demented and deranged man deep within. After all...

     He was so eager for what is to come.

     The various warships under repair, the crews trying to mobilize. It had been a rough past couple months for ZAFT, between the assault of their Armory One colony and theft of 3 experimental Mobile Suits, to the overwhelming majority of the space territories under Zeon allegiance, the PLANT alliance of ZAFT was losing what little grip it had on the territories of space.

     The comms system of the room played, as a ZAFT soldier alerted Rau to the young man at the door.

     ZAFT Soldier: Sir! Athrun Zala is here to see you.

     The man smirked.

     Rau: Let him in.

     The automatic doors opened and the stern boy walked in, maintaining a stern look but struggling to hide his nervous anxiety. His emerald eyes showing a fear and uneasiness that that ZAFT Captain could effortlessly see from miles away as the boy brushed his navy blue hair out of his eyes.

     The man spoke, his calm demeanor shielding the sadistic nature of his provocative yet smooth words,

     Rau: Ah, Athrun! You're back.

     The boy spoke firmly in reply, trying his best to sound stoic and professional in a desperate time of vulnerability.

     Athrun: Yes Sir. I've...realized the error of my past decisions.

     Intrigued, the blonde man couldn't hold back his smirk; finding the nervous squirming of the boy rather hilarious.

     Rau: Oh? How so?