History (AU) (Squad)

AU where Catra left the Horde years before Adora. In the present Adora has already left the Horde and is now going around uniting the princesses with Glimmer and Bow. Btw in this AU Scorpia was never part of the Horde. Takes place before the princess ball.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Is this the right place?"
Adora wasn't so sure about it. She looked up at an abandoned, run down mansion.
"According to the co-ordinates Entrapta gave us, it is." Bow said as he checked his tracker pad.
"What kind of princess lives here? There isn't even a kingdom."
Glimmer scrunched her face. "I wouldn't be surprised if she did, to be honest, but I do kinda feel bad for her."
"And why do we want this mysterious no-name princess again?
"She's strong, and a good fighter... It's not like we really need her or anything, but it would be good to have her on our side." Bow reminded them.
Adora nodded and took a deep breathe in, causing her shoulders to rise and fall quickly.
"Okay, let's do this." She moved to knock on the door with a 'hello', but she stopped mid-sentence when the door swung open from her knock.
Adora looked at her friends, who shrugged and walked on in. She hesitated before she went in however; something just wasn't sitting right with this place. A feeling she hadn't felt for years, yet she couldn't quite put a finger on it.
Pull it together Adora.

Adora walked inside to find Glimmer and Bow gasping at how big the place was, and it was admittedly a lot bigger on the inside. The building was like some sort of hallway, with a long dining table in the middle and at the end there was an elevated platform with an empty, cracked throne on it.
"Hello?" She called out to the darkness. There were mostly shadows in this place, lots of ventilation, yet little windows. Not sure how that worked.
"Is anyone there? We're looking for a princess!"
"We just want to talk," Glimmer added, to make sure they didn't want to fight today.
Something creaked in the woodwork above them, and Adora drew her sword. "I'm She-ra, we don't want to hurt you, we just-"
Suddenly a figure leaped from the darkness above them, twisted in the air and landed on the elevated platform at the foot of the throne.
Adora instantly put her guard up, noticing the ease in which this princess - whoever she was - had performed such a move. She hadn't even landed with two hands or rolled, nothing. One hand, two feet, spread far apart.
[You know the way Catra lands at the very beginning of the Heart Part Two? It's like that.]
Adora tried to study the figure further when it abruptly opened its eyes at her. Her eyes instantly went wide, flashing back to her and the figure took advantage of this. Faster than even Adora could react, the figure had raced across the room and swiped Adora's sword from her. Bow immediately drew an arrow from his quiver, while Glimmer lit her fists up with magic. The figure spun and knocked Adora off her feet with the flat of her own sword. Glimmer then teleported in to save her, but the princess received an elbow to her chin, and was then shoved into direction of the arrow Bow had just fired. The arrow exploded in some sort of goo and Glimmer shrieked at the green slime that landed all over her. The panicked scream only lasted until the figure had smacked her cross the head and Glimmer's body crumbled to the floor, unconscious. Bow shouted at the sight unfolded in front of him, then turned angrily towards the guilty.
"We just wanted to talk, what's wrong with you?!" He shouted at her as her drew another arrow.
Adora had gotten to her feet at this time, and began to run over to the figure, ignoring all the thoughts and memories that were blaring in her head. However the mysterious princess also broke out into a sprint towards Bow, who began firing arrow after arrow.
The figure kept her eyes on the Bow's aim as she sped down the right side of the room, using her speed to dodge the arrows that came her way. Sometimes she would slow down, making an arrow land in front of her, while other times she would speed up, making the arrow land in front. Adora was hot in her heals, but ended up being too focused on the person in front of her (or maybe it was too distracted because the hair was also looking the same as her) an arrow caught the wall in front of her and she ran into it. It broke and caused a decent amount scratches on her right arm, causing her to stumble.
As Bow took a second to look at Adora, making sure she was okay, the figure vaulted across the table. Bow immediately snapped back and whipped out another arrow. He fired at the princess, but she flipped right over it, then brought her heel down on his right shoulder. Adora had just about made it over the table when the figure got Bow in a vice and put an arm around his neck. Adora stopped in her tracks, afraid of what it would do to Bow, but instead all it did was slowly and gently put him down, asleep.
[Catra's OP]