Chapter Twenty-Two

"Damn it!" I looked up from my book and noticed that Naruto still hadn't burst the water balloon yet. Yeah, so- currently, Naruto had been trying to do this new Jutsu that Jiraiya-Sama showed him. The Rasengan. It's called.

"Here, let me try, " The blob looked at me sceptically.

"But- the Pervy-sage said you're not allowed to help."

"I'm not going to help, im just going to try and figure out how to do it." The blonde idiot there me a water balloon which I easily caught. I remembered how Jiraiya showed us how to do it and noticed that before his balloon popped, it was all lumpy and it moved about. That meant that the water wasn't just travelling in one direction. That meant that I would have to flow my chakra in different ways.

And so, that is what I did. It took a minute but finally got the hang of adding the speed and making it travel in different directions. Finally, it popped leaving Naruto gaping like a fish out of water. And honestly, with how big his eyes had gone, he would have probably been confused for Buggsy.

"Naruto, shut your mouth, you'll catch flies." He instantly clapped his jaws shut and looked to have found a new form of determination.

"I will get this Jutsu before you! Datte Bayo!" I chuckled softly to myself at his exclamation and nodded my head.

"Alright, Naruto, you have yourself a challenge."

"Alright!" He instantly took out another water balloon and started trying to figure out how to do the Rasengan. Well, technically this was only the first step and there were three steps altogether but, meh, it's fine.

I once again rested against the tree, being sure that the rough tree bark wouldn't catch my stitches and rip them.

*pop*

My eyes shot open only I didn't see Naruto with a popped balloon, it was a-a cat? 'What the?-'

"Naruto, it looks like that cat will be able to do the Jutsu before you." I teased.

"Oi! Cats don't even have chakra!" I laughed.

"I'm just joking with you."

"Whatever." He grumbled. He then seemed to remember something because a flash of happiness crossed over his features. Deciding I would figure it out later, I closed my eyes and started to nap.

~ Third persons POV.

"Hey, kiddo." The white-haired sage spoke, approaching the yellow-haired boy.

"Hey, Pervy sage."

"Where's Raiden?" As if answering for him, a small noise escaped the youngest white-haired males mouth. The two conscious males turned and saw the sleeping boy wearing a pained expression on his face. He was starting to sweat and his hands were subconsciously clenching and releasing. His eyebrow twitched and another small noise left his mouth.

"Erm, pervy sage, is he alright?"

"It looks like he's having a nightmare."

"Just like when we were about to do the bell test." The blonde muttered.

"What?"

"Oh- erm- well, back when we had just graduated at the academy and we were waiting for Kakashi-sensei Raiden had fallen asleep waiting for him. Just like now, he had a nightmare."

"And what happened?"

"Kakashi-sensei tried to wake him up. It worked. But he ended up getting pinned with a kunai at his throat."

"Ok, so whatever you do, do not wake up Raiden, alright?" The eldest white-haired male ordered out of pure fear that the same thing might happen to his student.