Chapter seventeen.

The young boy's eyes slightly fluttered open. He was met with the sound of beeping and swarming Medic Nins.

"Sup?"

The ninjas in the room looked at him as if he had grown another head.

"What?" He asked innocently. "Wait, my twin, where is she? Is she alright?" He frantically asked.

"Your sister is fine. She is still taking the exam. As of right now, how are you feeling?"

The boy sat up but with his bodies many protests it made it rather difficult.

"Yeah, im fine."

All of the ninjas looked at him with a disbelieving look.

"Yeah, well, you need to rest for a few days. Let your body heal completely."

"Ugh, that's no fun." He whined.

"We weren't asking you opinion."

"Fine, is Kakashi here? I wanna talk to him."

"Yeah, he's just outside." The medic nins piled out of the room and Kakashi soon walked in and closed the door.

"What have you gotten yourself into now?" Kakashi asked his student with a sigh.

"Oh, you know, gets a broken leg by a giant snake, gets stabbed through the stomach by a snake man wearing someone's face. You know, the norm." The teen said sarcastically.

"Baka! You could have died!" The boy's sensei roughly hit him upside the head.

"Itai! Kakashi, why?~" He whined.

"Don't be so stupid! Do you know how worried I've been?!"

The younger boys smile faded.

"Oh." He muttered. "Sorry."

"Just don't be so reckless next times ok? I don't want to have to lose a student."

"I'll try not to."

"Thank you." The two males sat in comfortable silence for a while.

"How did you pass the exam so quickly?"

"I sent Kagebunshins to get the necessary scrolls whilst I helped Sakura and the others."

"You need to stop worrying about Sakura so much. She can take care of herself, you know?"

"Yeah, I know. It's just- I made a promise years ago and..." The boy cut himself off.

"And?..."

"I don't really want to talk about it. Maybe another time, Kakashi."

"You don't trust me?" The boy's sensei knew the answer already but he just had to ask.

"I do. I just have trouble trusting people. After I- after my best friend left I found it hard to trust again."

Kakashi nodded his head. He knew how the boy felt. It was hard to trust people when you had lost the ones you held dearly.

"You can tell me when you're ready, just know that."

"Thanks, Kakashi."

"Yeah, well, how are you feeling?"

"I've been better, honestly."

"Well, that is what you get for blindly fighting Orochimaru." The boys jonin said in an almost taunting manner.

"How the hell was I supposed to know it was him?! He wore someone's face! Forgive me kind sir of I do not recognize someone!" The boy exclaimed childishly.