chapter twelve

"Kakashi-sensei!" My imoto shouted from behind me.

"You were late, Kakashi. You let your worry for these brats cloud your mind. Added to the mist your Sharingan is useless. Your eyes are sharp Kakashi. But not sharp enough to read my moves. Not anymore." He gave an evil chuckle. "Come on Kakashi. I want this to be fun. I want to enjoy myself as I exact my revenge." He said laughing every so often. "As for those brats, " he started his voice becoming a slight bit more serious and darker. "Tch, don't worry. They're at Haku's mercy. Now, they're breathing their last breaths." Zabuza picked up his giant sword. "Relax. You'll have plenty of time to weep an apology for failing those brats when you see them in the next life." He let out an evil laugh that could have been compared to a psychopath.

"He said Sasuke-Kun would die," Sakura said then shook her head. "No. No, I won't believe that. And that masked kid. I won't lose Sasuke. And I won't lose Naruto either."

"Exactly," Kakashi spoke up. "I believe in their ability. I have faith in them. Naruto, the number one hyperactive knucklehead ninja. And Sasuke, heir to the most powerful clan in the hidden leaf village."

Zabuza's eyes widened.

"You mean?"

"Yes. His full name is Uchiha Sasuke. The unique powers of the Uchiha bloodline run through his veins. The Kekkai Genkai. His birthright." Kakashi said almost as if he was proud.

"I heard that one young ninja survived the tragedy of the Uchiha clan. No wonder he advances so quickly. But, " he paused. "So does Haku. No one can match him." He and Kakashi got into fighting stances. "No one has ever stopped his secret Jutsu. Even the most skilled Jonin fall before him. Just as you will fall before me! Right now!!" I had to say, he was very quite believable. I almost believed him and I probably would have if I hadn't told him to say something along the lines of that when we were going over this plan.

"Sakura, stay with Tazuna-san. Raiden, cover me."

"Right. Erm ok." Sakura said almost hesitantly.

"Hai."

Kakashi ran at Zabuza and I followed shortly after.

We suddenly came to a halt as an ungodly Chakra was felt.  A chakra I knew though. Well, it was a mix of Chakras though. A mix between my blonde blob of a teammate and the Kyuubī.

"Kakashi, its The seal," I said.

"Yeah, I know."

"I don't think it's broken. No. It's just weakened."

"You're right, but we still need to take down Zabuza."

I gave a curt nod. I couldn't let him know our plan yet.

"You take Zabuza, I'll see to Haku and Naruto."

"Wait- no. You could get hurt."

"I'll be fine. I know a few tricks to help."

"Raiden-"

I ran off, not letting Kakashi finish what he was going to say. I got there just in time to see Haku about to get punched in the face. Naruto's fist was only about two inches away from Haku's face. His mask started to fall and I could see the pained expression on his face.

Haku went on to explain all about how his clan went into hiding and how when his father found out about his Kekkai Genkai that he tried to kill him and killed his mother. Also about how when Zabuza found him, he was living on the streets scavenging for food. How Zabuza made him into a tool and. And now, he was apparently a broken tool. None of this was in the plan so I was highly confused as to why Haku was doing this. Haku had told Naruto to kill him. Like what the actual fuck?! This was not apart of the plan!