+ Chapter 14.0

He woke alone.

Cold and alone, with darkness pouring in. Nothing but pale moonlight to keep him company.

For one heartbreaking moment, he thought that maybe this had all been a dream. Just another nightmare formed by his subconscious to torture him.

But there were lights flickering just beyond the open door way. A series of flashes that caught his attention and had him trying to move. Only to realize that his body was sore and weak, left stiff from staying in the same position for so long.

Maybe it was nothing.

Maybe it was someone coming to collect his pitiful, pathetic self after Jungkook had changed his mind. Had realized this wasn't actually what he wanted. That he had made a mistake. That his alpha had chose wrong after all.

Part of him desperately hoped it would be Jimin. At least that way he wouldn't have to hide his shame. Could just let it go and finally receive the comfort he needed with every single fiber of his being.

But those footsteps didn't belong to Jimin. No, the other was lighter than air on his feet. A true dancer in every single sense. Hardly ever even made more than a whisper of a sound.

No, they were -

Heavy. Like an alpha. Familiar. Like one alpha in particular.

Like Jungkook. Like his alpha.

But yet they didn't come towards him. Grew louder and then faded again and he wondered why the alpha was hesitating. Why he didn't just come to him.

"Kookie?" He felt so foolish and small, calling out like a child. Sitting there waiting to see if it would be answered or ignored.

"Look who's awake." Yet the answer came instantly, those familiar footsteps growing increasingly louder until the sight of his alpha bathed in moonlight took their place.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to keep you waiting." He was just so exhausted. Still was, really. Felt as though he could fall back asleep and stay that way for days. Slip back into the world of dreams that had always been so much better than the reality he was forced to endure.

"Mm, you're worth waiting for." The bed was dipping with the added addition of the others weight, and he smiled as finger tips grazed along his cheek, before tapping beneath his chin, drawing him in.

It was soft. So soft and gentle. And sweet. Incredibly sweet and everything he had always wanted it to be. Full of all the things he had felt for so long but had been so incredibly afraid of.

"Are you hungry? I went out and got us some things." Which explained why the alpha was suddenly so over dressed, clothed in his usually combination of jeans so tight they should be illegal and a hoodie so large they could both fit inside.

"Starving." When was the last time he had even eaten? He couldn't remember now. "But someone made a mess all over me so it's just gonna have to wait until I shower."

"Oh baby, you think you're messy now? Just wait." It was like every single promise he had ever wanted to hear. And it was incredibly difficult not to just launch himself at temptation. But he was sticky and cold and he felt dirty. Wanted nothing more than to have the blissful spray of hot water against his skin.

"Alpha." It was a soft whine, and he actually felt himself pout at the other laughed at him.

"Go shower, pretty." Pretty. Like he was worth something. Like he meant something. Finally. At last.

"Oh and -" When had the scene before him changed? When had Jungkook removed his weight, lifted himself from the bed and made it half away across the room? He didn't know. Mostly because he had fallen into some beautiful day dream brought on by praise he felt like he didn't deserve. By praise he had been desperately longing to hear. "Wear that cute little outfit for me."