Chapter:-14, Farewell.

••••••••••

You woke up as the sunlight pierce through your eyes. Yesterday was a very rough day. It can be proved as you reached home by 5:00 AM. You lazily blinked your eyes and sat up on your bed. Your (Eye/Colour) orbs hit the digital clock on your nightstand. You weren't really surprised by the time. It was 2 PM. Mori is actually a good guardian counting the fact that he didn't bother you on Sundays. You stretched your arm towards the nightstand to grab your mobile phone. But before you could your eyes took the look of a box on your nightstand. Some unknown force forced you to choose the box over the mobile. You gently held it in your hand and almost absently touched the top of the box. It was beautifully and elegantly crafted box. It was tan coloured giving an effect of wood and the carving was coloured fluro pink. It held a little sapphire in the middle. The ocean blue sapphire reminded you of the owner of it, who gifted it to you. Even after all the past years, that day was crystal clear.

It was your first birthday after you joined the Port Mafia. Whereas you expected Chuuya to do nothing but let the day pass as any other day; he brought a beautiful satin dress for you. Although it doesn't fit you now because you have grown taller, but still you kept it as your treasure. On that day, you remember, you gave the Rubbrum Lapis to him. When you were going to leave after the party he gave you this box which were filled of chocolate. Not the one which you would found at any provision store. He gave you the chocolates he made on his own. They were of different shape and sizes. First you were reluctant to eat those beauty, but then Dazai insisted that Chuuya wouldn't like if you would just waste them.

You smiled a tired smile before swinging your legs to get up. Then you realised it wasn't the best choice 'cause it resulted you to trip on the blankets on the floor. But the silence around you only gained an 'Ouch' and another tired grin.

Thoughts of Chuuya always transform you into plasma. Plasma? Of course plasma. You were always super excited and super energetic whenever you comes to term with your thoughts containing the ginger.

"I am sorry, Chuuya. I wish you could forgive me."

_________

Your slow pace added into the eerie silence, which made it sounds like dangerous than eerie. You were walking past the long stretched corridors of the Mafia buildings. It was summer. Sun shone bright outside and illuminated the corridor. One side of the corridor was made up of thick glass which couldn't be damaged easily. You stopped in your tracks to take in the view of your beloved city. You remember once you made a promise to Mori. Right here.

_________

"Mori. Why did you wanted Chuuya?"

"Tell me how many executive do we have now"

"After the selection of new executives. Now we have 5"

"Subtract yourself and tell me how loyal are they to the Port Mafia"

"Kouyo is sticking up due to you. I hardly think she would stay if you would turn your back. So that, she isn't that loyal.
Ace is just waiting to stab you.
Dazai don't really care what happen to underworld.
And Chuuya-"

"That's it. No one is loyal to Port Mafia. And I need a successor who would walk on my footprints and would work for the prosperity of Mafia and would secure our city. Do you see it now?"

"Hmm... I am sure Violet would be a little disappointed"

________

You nodded absently as the incident crossed your mind. You smiled at the thought. Chuuya was precious, whether he realized it or not.