Chapter 16: First Mission......?

The hustle and bustle of the yokohama city was something you missed so much while living just a few kilometers away. The familiarity with streets and market was natural here. Off course, you have lived almost a decade and a half in the city. Even if it was not-so-pleasant time in underworld. You stopped by a familiar departmental store. The cool conditioned environment of the store relieved you from the burning sun and the unbearable humidity outside. You went to buy some necessary items: snacks and chocolates. You were a newbie in the agency and the entrance exam was still pending for you to become a registered member. Even so, Ranpo was not forgiving enough to not to send to buy some items for him. You weren't complaining but still....... They should give you some hard task to prepare you for the exam? Anyways you thought to leave this train of thoughts as you exits the store, back to the sun raging on. You thought to go to the port to take in the view .

The calming waves of ocean were relaxing your throbbing heart. Just now it crossed your mind that Chuuya is in the same city you are sitting in, if not on a mission. It has been three days when you arrived here, port mafia would have figured out  by now (if they were interested, which you highly doubt). You looked around yourself, the sun was dangling near the horizon, it was time to go. You got a text from yosano saying that Ranpo can wait and if you prefer to go around and see the city than it would be great. Stimulant to when you had read the message you got a message with name of two places you haven't visited yet. In past you hardly got any time to hang out. You were sure it wasn't a coincidence and some planned stuff planed by Dazai. In the end, you took the long way to go home so you can see around the city.

That was understandable, but the place you are now mismatch your every intentions. What the hell were you doing at the warehouses? Alright, now you have to admit that, 'you have lost your way, while your moble's battery is lying dead'. You wondered why the bad luck had to fall upon you. You made the note in your mind to give Ranpo his snacks tomorrow when you will go to the agency. Before that, you have to find a way to contact to Dazai. A smile crept on your face as you reminded yourself of that makerel. He had become quite reliable in the past few years. Your thoughts were disturbed, when you heard a scream. You snapped your head to the side from where the sound had came. You ran to the warehouse. You should have known better the moment you arrived here. It was eerily quit. Your eyes widened as you took in the scene in front of you.

The members of port mafia were trying to capture a young girl. But technically, it sems the other way round because one of them had been stabbed by her in the abdomen. Now it make sense that where the scream had came from. Your hand found its way to your head as you let out an annoyed sigh.

"My my, see who is here to accompany us", said the lady in a kimono. You wondered how she manages to wear such a heavy kimono in summers. And you thought to let out your suspicion.

"Kon'nichiwa Koyou San. I was just wondering how you manage to wear heavy kimono in summers. Why not easy peasy yukata?"

The temperature dropped a degree. Exception for the man in pain, everyone's eyes were fix upon you. Really you and Dazai were great in grabbing one's attention in your own unique way.

"Did I asked something too personal?"

"Child", Koyou started, "Should you be asking such questions when you are in a situation such as this one".

A mischievous grin formed across your face as you said, "sure I shouldn't". You pulled out your short sword and launched yourself in front of the little girl, knocking one man in procedure who had a gun pointed towards you ( thanks to Fukuzawa who taught you how to knock someone in your first lesson yesterday). Sure the girl is a good fighter, It wouldn't be hard to fly away with her-

Your thoughts were interrupted with a loud scream. This time from the girl herself. You turned around to see the teenager was standing a few meters away from you. Her right hand was gripping on the blade, tainting her red kimono with crimson blood. Someone had stabbed her from back. Another scream, following another and-