Rescue

* edited on 11/17/15

Scarlett woke Kaiden up at five the next morning, still slightly angry at him. "What?" he groaned, not moving.

"Get up" she hissed, kicking him.

"It's to early" he said.

"Get up now, or I'm going to drag you to Nico and get my sister back myself" she snapped.

"You don't even know where we're going" he said, slowly sitting up.

"Which is why you're going to tell me" she said, raising an eyebrow at him. "Besides, I'm sure Nico could find me eventually"

After several more threats, Scarlett got Kaiden up, and then went to wake Alex. After briefly making Kaiden tell them where they were going, she hustled them out of the apartment, much to Kaiden's protest that he hadn't even gotten to eat.

Once on the streets, they split up, so it wouldn't seem to suspicious that three teens were walking around at five in the morning. Although it was New York. Scarlett walked 50 yards behind Alex and Kaiden, making sure she could clearly keep them in view. Minutes later, they arrived at a big building, almost looking as though it was something the government would've used.

"They are in here?" Scarlett asked in disbelief, staring up at the building in annoyance.

"Yup, they have resources" he replied, pulling open the door.

Once inside, Scarlett couldn't help but be on edge. By the way it had been described to her, she was surprised that there weren't guards watching the places. The entire inside of the building was like an office building, mashed together with a warehouse. There were multiple rooms, with what looked like blueprints of the city and buildings, showing vents and diagrams of sewer pipes, along with typed papers that listed several places to 'visit.'

Out in the hallways, there were occasionally splatters of blood on the floor, and Scarlett saw a trail of blood that disappeared down a set of stairs. Moments later she saw a blood-stained knife stuck in the wall, a thin line of blood trailing down the wall beneath it. Scarlett raised an eyebrow in speculation when she saw all of this. What did they think they were, the mafia of New York?

Finally Kaiden slowed and stopped, right before rounding a corner. He turned around and looked at them. "I'm going to find Nico and demand the kid, but if he refuses, you guys have to show" he said seriously.

Scarlett nodded, and suddenly saw movement over Kaiden's right shoulder. She gasped in surprise and Kaiden whirled around, seeing what Scarlett saw immediately. The person Scarlett assumed to be Nico, held a knife pressed up to Ellie's throat. Scarlett took a minuscule step forward, her eyes latched onto Ellie's.

"Welcome home kid" Nico said in a chilling voice. Nico was similarly built to Kaiden but, his face was more aged and his eyes were stone cold.

"Let her go and you can welcome me home all you like" Kaiden snapped, taking a step forwards, while Nico smile merely grew wider.

"I don't think so" he sneered.

"You promised!" Scarlett spat angrily, wanting to do nothing more than to break his neck and watch him choke to death at her feet.

Nico laughed, his eyes taking in Scarlett. "Who's this? Your new whore?" he asked.

"No, I'm the sister of that kid you're holding!" Scarlett said angrily.

"Ooh, looks like you're in trouble Kaiden" Nico said in a sing-song voice.

"Give me the kid" Kaiden said in a low voice.

"But it would be so much more fitting, to take this little kids life in return for my...brothers" he said, his voice hardening in anger.