Some Truth

* edited on 11/18/15

A few hours later, after it was totally dark out, Scarlett, Ellie, Kaiden, and Alex were walking down the streets, Ellie and Scarlett in the lead. Alex had her gun in hand, though carried discreetly, and was watching all around her. Kaiden wore a backpack full of supplies from his apartment and was also, looking around, although, unlike Alex, he didn't have a weapon in his hand, but he did have a gun tucked into his waistband.

Scarlett walked in front, beside Ellie, glaring at her surroundings, daring anyone to jump out at them and attack. But, thankfully, no one did and they made it safely to Scarlett's apartment. Since street fighters were on the poor side of society, all of the places that Scarlett had stayed in or visited, were run down or shabby.

Scarlett kicked open the door with her foot, and she and Ellie darted up the familiar stairs until they stood in the hallway on the third floor. Alex and Kaiden came up a few moments later, looking around suspiciously at the dark hallway, lit only by street lights.

"Do you think we should check all the rooms here?" Kaiden asked, his hand traveling to his gun.

Scarlett snorted. "Are you joking? That would take forever. Alex and Ellie can go in that room and me and Kaiden can go in the room right next to it, so we'll be close and be able to guard our separate rooms" she said, walking towards the room.

"Oh! You and Kaiden, huh? Are you two even dating?" Alex asked.

"No!" Scarlett protested, and Alex laughed.

"So you just screw each other for the fun of it then?" Alex said with a smile.

"We do not, and will not screw each other. Besides there is an innocent kid here!" Scarlett said, covering up Ellie's ears.

Ellie pushed her hands away, and looked up at Scarlett, her eyes twinkling with mirth. "It's ok Red. If you want to fuck each other, don't let me stop you" she said.

"Oh my God" she moaned, putting her hand to her forehead, suddenly wishing that she hadn't taken Ellie to her fights. It had turned out better and worse than what she had intended it for.

Alex laughed, giving Ellie a high-five. "That's my girl" she said, praising Ellie. "Come on, let's go check out our room"

While Alex and Ellie went into their room, Scarlett and Kaiden went into the second one. She was still getting over Ellie's new vocabulary. "Jesus Christ" she said, shaking her head and flopping down on the couch.

Her eyes tracked over the place. It wasn't the same room as she'd used before, but something told her not to tell Kaiden or Alex about the money that she'd saved up, a gut instinct almost. Kaiden and Alex seemed to well off to be street fighters, and had landed her in this mess.

Kaiden placed his bag on the table before coming over and sitting down next to her. His eyes danced as he gave Scarlett a foolish grin. "Screwing each other in private, huh?" he said.

"Shut up" Scarlett moaned, burying her face in her hands, purposely hiding it from Kaiden.

"Relax" he said, putting an arm around her shoulders, and giving her an affectionate squeeze. Then, he leaned in close, whispering in her ear, his breath tickling her and giving her chills. "What do say to us actually, say, making that statement come true?"

Scarlett froze, suddenly aware of what little space there as in between him and her. "Um...." she trailed off, turning her head to face Kaiden, drawing back slightly.

"Well Red?" he asked in a dangerous tone.

Something snapped inside of her, making her grow hot and angry. Kaiden must've seen the change in her eyes, because he immediately moved out of range of her fist. "Hey, sorry. I'll, uh, go check, something else" he said ducking the couch cushion that Scarlett threw at him.